MLB: ***2024 Minnesota Twins***

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
What a great player Mauer was. Pleasant surprise he was a first ballot guy.

Wish he could’ve experienced a WS. I think losing an unhittable Liriano in 2006 and Morneau in 2010 put a dent in two good teams’ chances to make a run.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Kinch and Beernuts

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
So… it appears this TV stuff is really limiting the Twins ability to be aggressive at all in the middle of their chance to be really competitive window. That anyone else’s read on their roster?

Marcelason78

Mar 4, 2022

Little video narrated by Justin Morneau on Mauer's election.

I thought Mauer had no shot to get in this year say 6 months ago and he'd have to slowly climb to get his shot, happy to be wrong.

I’m sure Justin will be a big part of Joe’s day in Cooperstown. M&M boys one last time.

Tpups21

Apr 11, 2006
West Des Moines, IA
So… it appears this TV stuff is really limiting the Twins ability to be aggressive at all in the middle of their chance to be really competitive window. That anyone else’s read on their roster?
I still think they end up trading for a solid starting pitcher. Been hearing some Alek Manoah rumors.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Man, I hate to do this, but I have to pose a contrarian opinion regarding Mauer in the HOF. The guy was the most overpaid singles/slap hitter the game has ever seen. Couldn't hit for power at all, save for one blip season where he had 28. Don't think he was ever over 20 again, might not have ever even surpassed 15 if memory serves. He was great at the things he was good at, but ultimately was in imperfect player that got paid too much money by a cash-strapped front office that struggled to build anything more than divisional round playoff teams during his career. I like Joe a lot as a human and loved watching him in his prime years when he was still a catcher, but by the last 4-5 years of his career I was really hoping the Twins would move on from him and his contract. His deal is a lot like the Vikings Kirk Cousins situation in my opinion.

• Disagree
Reactions: CycloneEggie

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Man, I hate to do this, but I have to pose a contrarian opinion regarding Mauer in the HOF. The guy was the most overpaid singles/slap hitter the game has ever seen. Couldn't hit for power at all, save for one blip season where he had 28. Don't think he was ever over 20 again, might not have ever even surpassed 15 if memory serves. He was great at the things he was good at, but ultimately was in imperfect player that got paid too much money by a cash-strapped front office that struggled to build anything more than divisional round playoff teams during his career. I like Joe a lot as a human and loved watching him in his prime years when he was still a catcher, but by the last 4-5 years of his career I was really hoping the Twins would move on from him and his contract. His deal is a lot like the Vikings Kirk Cousins situation in my opinion.
john-wayne-cantswim.gif

CycloneEggie

Oct 28, 2011
He was probably one of the best catchers of his era. Can you name 5 better catchers that played in his era? Buster Posey? Yadier Molina?... And who else? He for sure had a HOF career

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
He was probably one of the best catchers of his era. Can you name 5 better catchers that played in his era? Buster Posey? Yadier Molina?... And who else? He for sure had a HOF career
Catcher? No. He was a poor first baseman, offensively at least.