Cyclones add post transfer Isnelle Natabou

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Bristow, Brown and Crooks may anchor the Frontline of a future contender, but Natabou looks ready from day one to bridge the gap. Ryan will blow the lid off assist records. I'm as excited as I was last year at this time.
So Probable starters?
Transfer
Diew
Brown
Transfer
Ryan

CyNews

Mar 19, 2021
Big get for this team. No. 4 in the NCAA in field goal percentage last year. Two years left.

Good. Needed and should help her.

farm85

Mar 23, 2016
Flekkefjord, Norway
Not only is Natabou a beast on the floor, but she’s got game off the court.

“The best hair and dresser is Izzy for sure,” said Hornets guard Kahlaijah Dean.

Reactions: Junejax

ICCYFAN

Sep 6, 2006
Iowa City
As this recruiting class continues to improve, I keep checking in for the Bill Bashers warning us about the program decline. Must still be circling the wagons.
Marc - you’re a broken record - we’re all Cyclone fans and we all want the team to do well. We can have different opinions about CBF and still love the team - you’re not a better fan than I am because of your unwavering loyalty to Fennelly, so I’d ask you to cease and desist with the bait tactics. We’re all thrilled with a 6’4 inch center being added, especially one with personality and a history of success! Can’t we all just get along and enjoy the good news, at least for a day or two?

Jnecker4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Marc - you’re a broken record - we’re all Cyclone fans and we all want the team to do well. We can have different opinions about CBF and still love the team - you’re not a better fan than I am because of your unwavering loyalty to Fennelly, so I’d ask you to cease and desist with the bait tactics. We’re all thrilled with a 6’4 inch center being added, especially one with personality and a history of success! Can’t we all just get along and enjoy the good news, at least for a day or two?
She is 6'5"

Reactions: Marcelason78

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Bristow, Brown and Crooks may anchor the Frontline of a future contender, but Natabou looks ready from day one to bridge the gap. Ryan will blow the lid off assist records. I'm as excited as I was last year at this time.

After last yrs bad luck, I'm more tempered than I was last yr, but she sure looks like a great addition. I agree with you that Ryan could have a boat load of assists.

Reactions: CyNews and Junejax

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
ISU women's basketball looks far too similar to Iowa Football at times... But credit to Bill and the staff for landing back to back SOLID centers in the portal

Don't like it but I can see that comparison and can't really argue with it. Good but not great with a occasional hilight thrown in.

• Agree
Reactions: ICCYFAN

Jnecker4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Her FIBA U20 European Women’s Championship bio says 6’4. That’s tall enough for me to be thrilled! I’m more inclined to believe FIBA than a college Sports Information Director, but you do you.
Actually you seem to belive what fits your narrative. The ISU and Cyfanitic list her at 6'5" I'll belive that.

Jnecker4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2006
Ankeny, IA
What's my narrative about Isnelle Natabou and what difference does it make if she's 6'4 or 6'5?
It's not your narrative on the transfer that has been you issue, it is with coaches and the loss of Lexi. You have been critical of things, so I was being critical of you in regards to 6'4" or 6'5".

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Her FIBA U20 European Women’s Championship bio says 6’4. That’s tall enough for me to be thrilled! I’m more inclined to believe FIBA than a college Sports Information Director, but you do you.
JFC, it shouldn't shock me how some of you find petty little things to nitpick yet it does.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Her bio from Sacramento State. She played initially at Iowa Western.

FRESHMAN (2021-22): Big Sky Conference Newcomer of the Year… All-Big Sky Conference Second Team… Big Sky Player of the Week (2x)... Second player in school history (Kim Sheehy in 2004-05) to win top newcomer honors from the Big Sky… Twice named the Big Sky Player of the Week (Jan. 18 and Jan. 25)… Stood No. 4 in the NCAA in field goal percentage (.643), No. 10 in offensive rebounds (4.2 rpg), No. 18 in rebounds per game (10.9), and No. 22 in total rebounds (328)… Also ranked No. 23 in the NCAA with 15 double-doubles — a total that included a run of 10 straight from Jan. 15 to Feb. 12… Started all 30 games as a true freshman, ranking tied for eighth in the league at 32.4 minutes per game… Ranked seventh in the league in scoring (14.7 ppg) and led the league in rebounding, while also pacing the Big Sky in field goal percentage, offensive rebounds, and defensive rebounds (6.7 rpg), and standing fifth in blocked shots (1.2 bpg)… Her 182 field goals made rank 10th on the school’s single-season list, while her .643 field goal percentage is second all-time behind only Sue Digitale’s .645 in 1976-77… Her 328 rebounds rank fourth on the school’s single-season chart, while her 10.9 rebounds per game are tied for seventh… Finished in double figures in all but four games, which included seven 20-plus point performances and a season-high 31 points on 11-of-15 from the field (to go with nine rebounds) against Southern Utah on Dec. 30… Also blocked a season-high five shots in that game against the Thunderbirds… Grabbed double-digit rebounds 15 times, including a season-high 22 boards twice against Portland State (Jan. 15) and Idaho (Jan. 22) as part of her 10 consecutive double-doubles… As part of her 22 rebounds against the Vikings, 10 of those were on the offensive glass… Both 22-rebound performances were tied for second in a single game in the Big Sky, behind only 23 from Southern Utah’s Lizzy Williamson... Played 40-or-more minutes three times, including a season-high 43 minutes against Idaho (Jan. 22) in a three-point overtime victory.

IOWA WESTERN COMMUNITY COLLEGE
Played one year for the Reivers at Iowa Western in 2020-21… Helped lead her team to a 23-9 overall record and Region XI and North Central District championships… Reivers finished undefeated in conference play and advanced to the NJCAA Division I National Championship tournament, falling in the first round… Named Iowa Community College Athletic Conference First Team All-Region… Averaged 9.0 points and 4.8 rebounds per game in 24 appearances (23 starts… Shot just over 60 percent from the field overall for the season, hitting 94-of-156 from the floor… Scored in double figures 14 times, including a season-high 19 points in a win at Southeastern Community College on 9-of-11 from the field in 25 minutes… Grabbed a season-high nine rebounds twice against North Iowa Area Community College and Triton College… Blocked a season-high four shots against Iowa Lakes Community College.

PERSONAL
Parents are Florent Natabou and Chantal Agbocou… Attended Stredni Skola Sion High School in Hradec Kralove, Czech Republic.
Basically we have 3 posts, 3 forwards and 4 guards. Do you think they will try to add another forward?

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
This add definitely fills a spot of need. Get some experienced height. What type of O did Sac State run? Was it uptempo or a little more half court?

Three4Cy

Jan 19, 2010
West Des Moines
This add definitely fills a spot of need. Get some experienced height. What type of O did Sac State run? Was it uptempo or a little more half court?
They averaged 68 ppg, so that says to me more half course. Issy averaged 34.2 minutes a game, so she is used to playing longer stretches. Their opponents averaged 59 ppg.