***2022-23 MBB General Thread***

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
What blows me away about Pete averaging 44 PPG is that I do not even know if I have EVER seen a single player score 44 points in a game. I know that I saw a 43 point game in my first college baskeball game when Reginald King scored 43 for Alabama vs. Virginia in the 1979 N.I.T. Besides that, I might not have ever seen another 40 point game in person, and I have been to a ton of basketball games in the past 44 years. Anybody on here go to the Lafester Rhodes 54 point game?
I was there and it was GLORIOUS! I have the game on VHS . . . if it will even still play.

I still say that was right up there with loudest game in Hilton. I had a press pass and moved around the coliseum. Down by the floor was unbelievably loud, to the point of pressure in your head.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
What blows me away about Pete averaging 44 PPG is that I do not even know if I have EVER seen a single player score 44 points in a game. I know that I saw a 43 point game in my first college baskeball game when Reginald King scored 43 for Alabama vs. Virginia in the 1979 N.I.T. Besides that, I might not have ever seen another 40 point game in person, and I have been to a ton of basketball games in the past 44 years. Anybody on here go to the Lafester Rhodes 54 point game?

Ejim 48/18 bs TCU. Was an amazing game to be at. Even 30 is kind of “rare” in modern CBB it seems?

Reactions: AlaCyclone

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Good for them if that's the case.

Cinci and Houston coming in to the Big 12 aren't exactly a break in the conference slate.

White boy from Utah Valley had a sick dunk a couple of minutes ago.

4theCYcle

Jul 14, 2013
Urbandale, IA
So how many are cheering for K State? We need someone to carry the conference the rest of the tourney, because otherwise Texas is not a great consolation to that topic.

I'm cheering for UCONN to do well as I have them in the Final Four.

Also, Gonzaga - UCLA is a heck of a sweet 16 matchup!

Anyone latched onto any other teams to cheer for the rest of the way?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron