2022/23 Coaching Staff Changes

Dannynoonan

May 5, 2015
Don’t rule out the S&C coach’s impact on the line. Andrews did an unreal job with our defensive guys but it’s possible his technique limited the ability of our offensive line.
I'm really disappointed in Andrews. He was hired- I think- due to getting pushed around by Notre Dame and the OL didn't develop and yes the S & C coach has a lot to do with that.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Williams is not a source. Supposedly covers the team but Adam Rittenberg, a national writer broke this news. I like what CW has done but seriously who would tell the guy whose brand is drunk podcasts and tweets anything?

Yeah, this is very inaccurate. Chris has put out a ton of info for the last week, you just have to pay for it. Adam didn't even tweet everything that is happening with the staff, and Chris has been talking about it for days.

Cloneon

Oct 29, 2015
West Virginia
See where Aranda fired his DC, who mentored him and gave him his first job. o_O
There is another consideration. Maybe they, as good friends, said something to this effect: "I knew the objectives of my job. I didn't achieve them. So, instead of you being forced to fire me, let's negotiate resignation."

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
See where Aranda fired his DC, who mentored him and gave him his first job. o_O
Yeah that couldn't have been real fun but it's big business not personal. Though I'm sure the fired DC takes it personally.

trevn

LIV Tour DJ
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Eastern Iowa
Williams is not a source. Supposedly covers the team but Adam Rittenberg, a national writer broke this news. I like what CW has done but seriously who would tell the guy whose brand is drunk podcasts and tweets anything?

img.gif

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
Coaching at this level.....best of times and worst of times...things going well, it can seem you and your buddies living the good life....but this is also part of the gig.

Wish all involved the best as not easy and humans are behind it all.

StPaulCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Duh!
Sounds like Manning wasn't fired

I think he'll be a good head coach one day but I feel like we need someone from outside the program, maybe someone Campbell can be assured can to do their own thing so Campbell can less involved. I feel like him and Manning were doing OC by committee in some ways and we just need a fresh mindset.

Also not a close friend or someone already in the program so it's easier to fire them later lmao
Manning was fired as OC, are we trying to play with semantics to make a point? He was apparently offered a demotion, and as most people know that’s a courtesy extended to certain employees, with the assumption that they won’t take it (soften the blow). CMC fired Manning.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Call Alex Golesh and beg him to come back. What is he making at Tennessee now vs what was Manning making at ISU?

Also heard Scott Frost may be OC at Arizona State. Worth a shot? Idk.

As someone said earlier, I love Scheelhaase, especially for recruiting, but he cannot be promoted to OC.

CyNews

Mar 19, 2021
That's not how this works. This board will give them until the second half of the spring game. If we don't see a dynamic effective offense by then, there will be a reckoning.
We don’t have a spring game anymore.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
@ all the guys who bashed Campbell for the past 3 months saying he’d never fire his buddy

I'm certainly not a Manning person and that goes backa few years but now we also get to see what happens the moment the new guy does the same things, or results are similar with the talent available.

Clonedogg

Sep 4, 2009
CR, IA
biblehub.com
It's bad to celebrate coaches making several hundred thousand dollars annually getting fired for doing poorly at their jobs in an industry where everyone knows everyone and coaches end up with new jobs within 6 days all the time.

Don't do that.
I get what you're saying but it seems bad form to celebrate someone's failure, I think he was trying his best, it just wasn't good enough.

If he was sabotaging the offense on purpose, or cheating then, yeah...

Help Support Us

Become a patron