Iowa Dual Discussion

cycloneman003

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 14, 2008
Madison, WI
He isn’t. But in the newest rankings he’s ranked 15th so he is underrated by most peoples opinions and he is a go’r. He is definitely fun to watch because he has a “bring it on” mentality.
The beauty of that is it plays right into David’s hands. If you’re gonna shoot a lot on David, those re-attacks will kill you.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
The beauty of that is it plays right into David’s hands. If you’re gonna shoot a lot on David, those re-attacks will kill you.

197.gif

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
You said the second coming of Cael would pin Carr. O’Toole is as close to a second coming as we’ve ever seen. 1 loss his true freshman year and undefeated since
Not ready to go there yet, but if you want to know I do think there is a chance he could in Carr. Hamiti locked up a cradle on Carr and if O’Toole gets one locked it’s lights out. 10% chance.

HGoat1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 25, 2018
Denver, Colorado
Loving all the chatter, fun to have a legitimate shot at winning again.

I do think we see Spencer Lee and Real Woods. Brands doesn't want to lose this dual. My guess is Iowa will want to draw starting weight, and won't use Lee unless they have to, which I think they will have to.

Looking forward to 133-197, pretty much all of those matches should be competitive, and interested to see where some of the young guys are at.

Swiderski is the last person I would want to wrestle if you're Woods and have had limited training early in the year. He wrestles really really hard.

Interested to see if Paniro can replicate the Gomez performance against another top 10 guy, and with less time off the scale. Paniro has really good re-attacks, but Murin isn't really a volume shooter. I think it will be a good lithmus test for where Paniro is at and what we can expect going forward.

I'm also curious to see where Patrick Kennedy is at for Iowa. Last year I had heard from a friend close to the Iowa program Kennedy was putting it on Marinelli in the practice room. If that is true, Carr is going to have his hands full. Still expect Carr to win, but I don't think its as much of a gimme as some have suggested.

I'm hoping with another year of Folkstyle training, Yonger has took another step forward. A match with Warner will certainly be a good indication of if that has happened.

Unfortunately I do think Iowa wins this dual if Lee wrestles, but if not there is no reason Iowa State can't win.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron