Outgoing transfer tracker

• Politics and In-State Rivals Threads - You will notice that you may or may not be seeing expected posts from the Politics and In-State Rivals forums.

Due to the nature of these forums, they have been changed from an opt-out to opt-in design - meaning you must opt-in to see them. Unfortunately, that only changes the default for new registrations. Your selections right now are likely not what you want.

You can opt-in/out to either the Politics or In-State Rivals Forums in your user settings (click for instructions to learn more).

clonehome

Jul 29, 2006
I love Sama’s quick feet and acceleration. He may be a bit small but I wouldn’t be surprised if he carried the ball a lot next year. He seems to be a real talent.

Reactions: MyNameEhJeff

cyclo120

Apr 11, 2006
For our offense to be successful Silas role would need to be very minimal just due to his size and skill set. Makes sense to move on. Seemed like good culture guy, will root for him wherever he lands.

MyNameEhJeff

Apr 2, 2021
21 Jump Street
I’d heard we were recruiting Sama to be a DB. Would love to see him get a chance at RB.
Initially we were but when our coaches saw how well he was performing with the ball in his hands and the lack of production from the RBs on our roster, they asked if he would be interested in coming in as a RB instead, to which he agreed

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Wasting a position on the field? A lead blocker is a wasted position on the field? lol I can tell you didn’t actually play in college
The problem is we didn't just use him as a lead blocker. We tried to use him in the passing game with No success. And his lead blocking didn't really help much on all those short yardage situations we failed in.

Imo it would have been better to spread the field with another more athletic receiver rather than clogging the box.

clonehome

Jul 29, 2006
The problem is we didn't just use him as a lead blocker. We tried to use him in the passing game with No success. And his lead blocking didn't really help much on all those short yardage situations we failed in.

Imo it would have been better to spread the field with another more athletic receiver rather than clogging the box.
Agreed. Our congested formations yielded very little results. Then Rus had a hard time blocking in space when we did try to run outside. One example, early in the TCU game a defender ran right by him and cut down the ballcarrier for a loss on what looked like a promising play. We got spoiled the previous 5 years with Montgomery and Hall making something out of nothing frequently. This year we didn’t have that in our backfield.

• Winner
Reactions: 83cy and isufbcurt

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
Sucks...I liked Silas, I understand though, will be a good player with somebody that uses him right.

Help Support Us

Become a patron