• ISU by 8-14

Votes: 46 17.2%
  • ISU by 15+

Votes: 7 2.6%

• Total voters

Malty Flannel

Sep 19, 2019
Huxley
My score prediction is based off sanders either being out or being far from 100%.

If manning doesn’t revert back to dumbass mode, Dekkers doesn’t revert back to statue, and the special teams don’t implode, then clones should win by 2 scores.

Reactions: khardbored

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
Folks are underestimating OSU's backup QB. He's a true freshman (4-star recruit) who had his first start against KU last week. After throwing a couple of early picks, he settled down and threw for over 300 yards.

After listening to Gundy's weekly presser, I get the feeling his team has not packed it in for the season. OSU has not lost at home in a long time, and they're excited to return home for the first time in 3 weeks.

For me, the real question is how effective can we score against OSU's defense?

Wish I could be more confident, but I've got a feeling it will be another one possession loss for us. Hope I'm wrong!

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
giphy.gif

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
like someone else said - im going to think with my head and not my heart.

and not that head either.

OSU 21-17

• Haha
Reactions: Aclone

Clone95

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 13, 2019
Just happy OSU doesn't have a bye week to help get crap figured out, but still think they'll look better than the last 2 weeks. However, our D is playing better every week, so I'm not worried about them scoring a ton on us, even if they do figure stuff out on that side of the ball. I think we'll be able to score on them. I know OU had a statistically bad D when they came in but they have more talent and 2 weeks to get right.

ISU_Guy

Jul 21, 2021
Des Moines
This is a must win because we are not beating TCU on the road.
I fully expect the backup QB to go off on us.

khardbored

Oct 20, 2012
Middle of the Midwest
Sanders will play, ISU has not caught a break all year with the team we are playing missing their better players. They will get their injured players back, or at least enough of them to get this win at home.
ISU will come out and try to run right at the OSU defense, more 3 yard crossing patterns and the rest of it, and lose the game by 4.

Except WVU. :)

Malty Flannel

Sep 19, 2019
Huxley
Folks are underestimating OSU's backup QB. He's a true freshman (4-star recruit) who had his first start against KU last week. After throwing a couple of early picks, he settled down and threw for over 300 yards.
I wouldn't underestimate Heacock's defense against a true freshman making his second career start, regardless of how talented the kid is

• Winner
Reactions: Aclone

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I wouldn't underestimate Heacock's defense against a true freshman making his second career start, regardless of how talented the kid is
I would bet Gundy has some stuff to throw out that there is zero film on. What will be key is to limit early scoring and deficit not to get crazy. We all know Heacock is nails in the second half.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009

Like the kid from Tech last year?

I hear what you are saying, but having film on a guy is a big deal.

joefrog

Apr 29, 2008
Clive, Iowa
Maybe the only time Heacock really disappointed me was when he did the typical play base, not many blitz strategy against TTech when they were starting a freshman for the first time.

You do NOT let young players get into a rhythm at QB. You bring the good stuff early, and either force short drives or turnovers. Get up on them, and put all the pressure on them to pass to beat you. That's elementary logic.