Former Cyclones at other schools 2022-23 season

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
It was a productive night for former Cyclones that found new homes in recent offseasons:

Tre Jackson, Western Carolina: 17 points, 6 assists, 5/10 from 3 pt in a 68-55 loss to Georgia
Tyrese Hunter, Texas: 18 points, 5 rebounds, 1 assist in Texas 72-57 win over UTEP
Tristan Enaruna, Cleveland State: 20 points and 11 rebounds in a 72-68 loss to Notre Dame COLLEGE
Darlinstone Dubar, Hofstra: 11 points and 12 rebounds in an 83-77 win over Princeton
Tyler Harris, South Florida: 9 points, 3 rebounds, 2 steals in a 64-61 loss to SEMO
Blake Hinson, Pittsburgh: 27 points, 13 rebounds, 4/12 from 3 pt in an 80-58 win over Tennessee-Martin
Javan Johnson, DePaul: 24 points, 10 rebounds, 4/8 from 3 pt, 1 block and 1 steal in a 72-66 win over Loyola MD
Rasir Bolton, Gonzaga: 11 points and 3 assists in just 21 minutes of action during a 104-63 win over North Florida
Nate Jenkins, Green Bay: 5 points, 2 rebounds in an 80-53 loss to Indiana State
Terrence Lewis, Grambling: 13 points on 2/6 from 3 pt in 82-57 win over North Texas - Dallas
Zion Griffin, Tennessee State: 3 points, 7 rebounds in 82-72 win over Fisk

Yet to play this season:

Jaden Walker, East Carolina: First Game tonight v.s Mercer
Xavier Foster, 0 minutes in SMU's first game against Texas A&M Commerce

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I believe that's everyone who used to wear Cardinal and Gold, using up their eligibility in other places. That's a lot of defections and recruiting misses over the last 3-4 years! I am honestly surprised a lot of these guys still have eligibility. I'll try my best to keep updating this throughout the season.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Man, I didn't know Bolton and Lewis still had eligibility.
Lewis was probably the most surprising on the list. Dude has to be pushing 25, was in the same recruiting class as Lindell Wigginton who last played for ISU in 2019. The class after Jordan Bohannon, I believe.

Reactions: isutrevman

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Love seeing our guys have success. Especially Tre
Tre was a great Cyclone. Not that I cheer against any of these guys, but there are definitely some 'favorites' on this list. Walker is another one for me, personally, and really anyone who suffered in the 2020 season with Prohm if I'm being honest.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Lewis still has eligibility left? Lol

Interesting to see Harris transfered again, it looks like he was getting alot of playing time last year.

ClonerJams

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 26, 2022

Interesting to see Harris transfered again, it looks like he was getting alot of playing time last year.
I believe he was a walkon for them last year and Penny pushed him out in the offseason.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I believe he was a walkon for them last year and Penny pushed him out in the offseason.
I know Penny pushed him out the first time around, which is how he ended up here in 2020. Did Penny show him the door a second time? Or maybe Tyler was sick of paying for school.

ClonerJams

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 26, 2022
I know Penny pushed him out the first time around, which is how he ended up here in 2020. Did Penny show him the door a second time? Or maybe Tyler was sick of paying for school.
I thought he had a tweet alluding to being pushed out again, but I'm too lazy to find it.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Tyler Harris has one of the weirdest "paths" through college basketball I can remember.

Great story as hometown boy commits to hometown hero in Memphis
On scholarship for two seasons and plays 25.4 MPG and 20.5 MPG
Despite that, he's shown the door by Penny
Goes to Iowa State on scholarship and plays 23.3 MPG
Prohm is fired, Harris perhaps understandably doesn't want to play for the new hard-ass staff
...comes crawling back to Memphis as a walk-on
Still plays 18.8 MPG as walk-on! He was #4 on the team in minutes!
Leaves to presumably go back on scholarship at South Florida

I thought Grill was kind of weird leaving and coming back but at least there is a loyalty to TJ and the coaching change between his first and second stints in Ames there. Harris is just bouncing around.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Tyler Harris has one of the weirdest "paths" through college basketball I can remember.

Great story as hometown boy commits to hometown hero in Memphis
On scholarship for two seasons and plays 25.4 MPG and 20.5 MPG
Despite that, he's shown the door by Penny
Goes to Iowa State on scholarship and plays 23.3 MPG
Prohm is fired, Harris perhaps understandably doesn't want to play for the new hard-ass staff
...comes crawling back to Memphis as a walk-on
Still plays 18.8 MPG as walk-on! He was #4 on the team in minutes!
Leaves to presumably go back on scholarship at South Florida

I thought Grill was kind of weird leaving and coming back but at least there is a loyalty to TJ and the coaching change between his first and second stints in Ames there. Harris is just bouncing around.
Yeah, Harris' situation reminds me of the Miami guard we played last year in the Sweet 16, except he's actually gone back to the same school twice. Charlie Moore played for 3 schools over 6 years, Kansas, DePaul, and Miami. Harris, I imagine has been in college for 6 years, has played for 3 schools, but has actually transferred 3 times (!!!).

Terrence Lewis has transferred twice, playing for 3 schools (Iowa State, South Alabama where I don't believe he ever actually played, and now Grambling.)

Blake Hinson has transferred twice, playing for 3 schools (Ole Miss, Iowa State where he did not play, and now Pitt).

Javan Johnson has transferred twice, playing for 3 schools (Troy, Iowa State, now DePaul).

Bolton transferred twice, currently on school #3 (Penn State-Iowa State-Gonzaga)

Zion Griffin transferred twice, currently on school #3 (Iowa State-UIC-Tennessee State)

These guys are all simply anomaly's of the covid year + new transfer rules. I would imagine each of them would have transferred one fewer time without the covid year waiver each of them had to have received in order to transfer a 2nd time without sitting out.

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids

Funny deal with him is that there's actually 2 Terrance Lewis in college basketball now. To the point Walters and Heft weren't sure if the one we faced on Grambling was the same one who played here or not last season. Both play in the lower level conferences and have roughly the same amount of eligibility left

Also, went to do a check quick and Jakolby Long just stopped played college basketball last season. Wild

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I’ll never forget Lewis celebrating his dunk instead of getting back on defense and costing us the game. That was awesome.
Haha yeah, that was like, literally the last play of the 2019-20 college basketball season. The whole exchange was a microcosm of his entire career at Iowa State. A lot of no, no, no, yes! NO!

Reactions: CloneIce and shadow