49ers - Brock Purdy - Still and Always #1

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I follow some 49ers media on Twitter and saw yesterday that Brock was very good yesterday which included a deep TD to Brandon Aiyuk. And Lance was horrible yesterday which makes things interesting. Definitely don't think Brock will start but I wouldn't be the least surprised if Lance got benched at some point and we see our guy get a legitimate chance.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I follow some 49ers media on Twitter and saw yesterday that Brock was very good yesterday which included a deep TD to Brandon Aiyuk. And Lance was horrible yesterday which makes things interesting. Definitely don't think Brock will start but I wouldn't be the least surprised if Lance got benched at some point and we see our guy get a legitimate chance.
I'd love to see it, but the niners are going to build that offense around Lance and his running ability IMO

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
He needs to worry about being better than Sudfeld first.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I'd love to see it, but the niners are going to build that offense around Lance and his running ability IMO
100% true. But he was 10-20 yesterday and that's just not gonna cut it. He's not very accurate at all and if he gives the ball away they will not be able to stick with him with how their play style is.

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
Brock will start out on the practice squad. Maybe he'll be #2 for some games this year. Time will tell.

May 7, 2020
THE NOT SO GOOD

1. Quarterback Brock Purdy

Threw the most pathetic 40-yard completion I've ever seen. Malik Turner was wide open running down the right sideline -- think Kyle Juszczyk streaking downfield wide open in Tennessee last season. Purdy took a few beats to spot him. Then Purdy got everything he had into a long throw, which fluttered and died. Turner had to stop and wait for the ball to get to him, but it did after what felt like seven seconds. He looked like he was waiting for a bus.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I mean, I love you bud and I love Brock for many many reasons but I have a better chance of crapping a winning lottery ticket.

davegilbertson

Sep 3, 2011
THE NOT SO GOOD

Threw the most pathetic 40-yard completion I've ever seen. Malik Turner was wide open running down the right sideline -- think Kyle Juszczyk streaking downfield wide open in Tennessee last season. Purdy took a few beats to spot him. Then Purdy got everything he had into a long throw, which fluttered and died. Turner had to stop and wait for the ball to get to him, but it did after what felt like seven seconds. He looked like he was waiting for a bus.
I want to dislike this, but....

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I mean, I love you bud but I have a better chance of crapping a winning lottery ticket.
Lol I feel like everyone's thinking I think he's going to win the job or something. I'm just saying if Lance is horrible they're going to go with someone else. And Purdy could certainly get a chance and could also be horrible as well.

• Agree
Reactions: mramseyISU

CycloneWanderer

Nov 4, 2007
Wandering
THE NOT SO GOOD

If the worst thing they have to say about Brock's play is he wasn't ideal when he completed a 40 yard pass, that's ok with me.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
THE NOT SO GOOD

Probably looked like one of Tua's throws.

AllInForISU

Nov 24, 2012

Lol. Not a chance unless every other qb currently on their roster is injured and even that is probably a stretch. They would probably sign someone else before it came to that.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
100% true. But he was 10-20 yesterday and that's just not gonna cut it. He's not very accurate at all and if he gives the ball away they will not be able to stick with him with how their play style is.
He will need to be more accurate than that, I agree. I am guessing SF will try to replicate what Baltimore has done with Lamar Jackson, but who knows? Lance didn't even play at the highest level of college football. If he can't work out accuracy issues, maybe we'll see a 2 QB system with Brock in on obvious passing downs.

This is, of course, eliminating Sudfeld from the conversation.

Scruff

Mar 11, 2008
Coralville, IA
For what its worth: 49ers Webzone keeps declaring him 3rd string or not on the team at all when the season starts. They mention his lack of arm strength virtually every time they mention his name. I'm not counting him out based on a fan blog, but I don't feel warm and fuzzy thinking about his chances. They began training camp worried about Sudfeld as backup, but seem to be increasingly fine with him.

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
If I were a 49ers fan, I'd be moving past Lance at this point. I heard an NFL expert talking about him the other day. He said something like "Lance is clearly THE GUY in San Francisco, but it's going to take a couple years for him to put it all together". When was the last time a successful NFL QB needed multiple years of development before they figured it out? Projects DO NOT WORK at the QB position. Ever. He's not accurate enough to be a good NFL QB, and never will be.

• Informative
Reactions: aauummm

HitItHard58

Nov 3, 2012
Story Co.
If I were a 49ers fan, I'd be moving past Lance at this point. I heard an NFL expert talking about him the other day. He said something like "Lance is clearly THE GUY in San Francisco, but it's going to take a couple years for him to put it all together". When was the last time a successful NFL QB needed multiple years of development before they figured it out? Projects DO NOT WORK at the QB position. Ever. He's not accurate enough to be a good NFL QB, and never will be.
Josh Allen

Reactions: CrazymanMet