DC Extended Universe

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA

Not looking good for upcoming Supergirl movie either. While I feel bad for all involved, Zaslov is doing what I secretly hoped he would do in order to make the DCEU coherent and organized moving forward.

• Agree
Reactions: Gorm

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx

Not looking good for upcoming Supergirl movie either. While I feel bad for all involved, Zaslov is doing what I secretly hoped he would do in order to make the DCEU coherent and organized moving forward.
Looks like more bad than good here if it goes this way

• Wow
Reactions: Triggermv

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
GL series is dead now.

Trying not to sound cutthroat with all of this, but I'm happy this was next to get chopped. For one, anything Green Lantern to me is a straight-up movie property, not a streaming series. Then, if a Green Lantern movie or movies evolves into streaming spin-offs, so be it. Great. Also, I'm a big Hal fan and would prefer to see things start with Hal in a movie, only to expand from there.

With all this said, I do love HBO Max and hope they don't neuter or completely do away with the service. The potential is there. They just need to get the right management in place at DC who can coordinate it all correctly, rather than the free-for-all anything DC properties have been.

• Agree
Reactions: Gorm

houjix

Jul 21, 2021
Man, the hits keep coming. Supergirl is axed.

I wonder how much of this the new studios heads trying to distance themselves from Ezra Miller and anything associated with the Flash movie. Let's see if they rip off the band-aid and just straight up cancel that movie, losses be damned.

• Informative

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Man, the hits keep coming. Supergirl is axed.

I wonder how much of this the new studios heads trying to distance themselves from Ezra Miller and anything associated with the Flash movie. Let's see if they rip off the band-aid and just straight up cancel that movie, losses be damned.

Shocked, but not shocked at this point. I was actually really looking forward to a Supergirl movie, but just wasn't crazy about the fact that in the upcoming Flash movie, rumor has it that she ends up replacing Cavill's Superman in the process. Similar to Batgirl, I'm all for a full-budget (none of this CW cheap stuff) Batgirl movie, but am not crazy about her seemingly replacing Batman's role in the DCEU. I just don't get why we need to replace anyone, much less DC's two biggest power hitters and my two favorite actors in the roles. Novel Idea: these characters can coexist together. They have for decades in the comics and I've been waiting years for them to in the DCEU as well.

FYI.... Sasha Calle looked pretty rad in the role and in her suit. We'll see if we still see her in the upcoming Flash movie, which brings me to the next big elephant in the room................ is The Flash next?????????????? At this point, I'm fine just ripping off the band-aid and being done with it.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: bos

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA

Looks like our fears of HBO Max going away aren't warranted. In fact, they are actually increasing their spending. However, it looks like the shift is away from high or mid-budget direct to streaming movies to more focus on series.

Reactions: CloniesForLife

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx

Looks like our fears of HBO Max going away aren't warranted. In fact, they are actually increasing their spending. However, it looks like the shift is away from high or mid-budget direct to streaming movies to more focus on series.
I would prefer not to pay for discover plus but seems inevitable.

GBlade

Mar 9, 2014
Anyone watching Sandman on Netflix? Not sure if it's officially in the cinematic universe, but I am enjoying it so far. I'm 4 episodes in and it's my favorite DC anything in a long time. Right up there with Dark Knight.

• Informative