Realignment Megathread (All The Moves)

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
Reactions: SolarGarlic

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
I'd think you'd go after Oregon, Washington, either Arizaon/ASU, and maybe which ever one has a good consistent ratings.

There would definitely be some culture shock if somehow Oregon and Washington ended up in the Big 12

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Say this all plays out. The B12 could be very selective. We could gain the bay area, Seattle, PHX, basically Vegas after we added Houston, Orlando, Cincy, and Salt Lake.

A lot of eyeballs.

I doubt you get Bay Area - if Cal and Stanford were cool with being in a conference that contained Baylor and BYU, they would have let BYU into the Pac ages ago.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
This isn't good for us, even if the Big XII can pilfer some PAC schools. If all the biggest brands consolidate into 2 conferences it gets us that much closer to a collegiate "pro" league between the B1G and SEC members. Hope it's not true.

MartyFine

Jul 7, 2009
Warren Co., IA
I think it more likely that the remaining Pac-12 schools try to bring in SDSU and Boise or something, and then they approach the Big 12 about negotiating together (as the NFL does and all of college football should do).

That BIG/Pac-12 alliance did not last as long as the Nazi and Soviet alliance of 1939...

DSM4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 4, 2006
Altoona, IA
Big 12 should approach Pac-12 for a complete merger. 22 is a weird number and I know Wash St and Oregon St aren’t quite at the level of the rest, but I don’t see B12 schools excluding land-grant state universities. But I don’t think Cal or Stanford will have anything to do with the B12. The problem for the remainder of the P12 is that there aren’t schools that fit their academic standards. They’re going to either have to change that or go independent. Or they could stick with 10 like the B12 did, but then they clearly become the 5th best league.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
I'd feel better about this if the New Big 12 (sans OUT) had a few years to establish and are locked into the new media deal. I think ISU should be safe if the top 64 teams break out of the NCAA to the eventual super conference. Thinking and knowing it is a big line with ISU's history will always have me worried conference shakeups would end badly for our school.

Hoggins

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 2, 2019
I hope the Big 10 takes 6. The 6 leftovers join the 6 original Big 12 leftovers and we start a new conference.

Fool's hope, but maybe not

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Four best would be Oregon, Wash, Colorado, and ASU. Those four with BYU and I’m guessing the Kansas schools and us. Or somehow ACC grabs WV and we add another pac 12er, which could keep us on the east side.

• Agree
Reactions: CYCLNST8

Darius Bieber

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 22, 2017
San Antonio, TX
Dang, this could really help the Big 12. Should we pick up the geographically best fit schools like Colorado/Utah/the Arizona schools? Or go for the academically-minded schools like Washington, Oregon, Cal, Stanford?

The losers will definitely be the likes of Washington State and Oregon State unfortunately.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Lafaester54

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
I'd feel better about this if the New Big 12 (sans OUT) had a few years to establish and are locked into the new media deal. I think ISU should be safe if the top 64 teams break out of the NCAA to the eventual super conference. Thinking and knowing it is a big line with ISU's history will always have me worried conference shakeups would end badly for our school.

I get nervous no doubt during any type of conference shake-up for ISU

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
Others have already said similar things, but put me in the “this is good news for Iowa State” camp (assuming it happens).

Personally I'd probably categorize it as "this is not bad news for Iowa State, for once" more than "good news." Does our situation fundamentally change, aside from speculation about our situation finally dying down? Are we going to end up getting paid more per team than we would have yesterday? Seems unlikely.

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
giphy.gif

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Dang, this could really help the Big 12. Should we pick up the geographically best fit schools like Colorado/Utah/the Arizona schools? Or go for the academically-minded schools like Washington, Oregon, Cal, Stanford?

The losers will definitely be the likes of Washington State and Oregon State unfortunately.
You take the best brands. Geography is worthless when you have Florida and Wav already.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron