Seat Selection:

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Spend the extra money and get the seatbacks, the aluminum bleachers are cold towards the end of the season, they help support your back, and the padding makes it easier to get through the game.

Best $160 bucks we pay to get four seatbacks, really true if you are in the middle of the row.

Last edited:

OPButtrey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 21, 2010
I do not see my season tickets yet in the app. Does anyone else see there’s or are they not yet available to view/transfer?

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Seat backs are a must. Helps define your seat space.
Always get them, but only bracket our section of seats with them. I honestly don't find them all that comfortable. This year we got end of row seats so only needed one to keep people from creeping into our section.

GMackey32

TJ's spy team member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2009
Ames Via Cedar Falls
Always get them, but only bracket our section of seats with them. I honestly don't find them all that comfortable. This year we got end of row seats so only needed one to keep people from creeping into our section.
I'd much rather just sit on the bleachers, but I gotta define my space. I feel like the seat backs make you sit like you're being ejected forward.

• Agree
Reactions: DSMCy and BCClone

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
I'd much rather just sit on the bleachers, but I gotta define my space. I feel like the seat backs make you sit like you're being ejected forward.
Yes! I'm pretty sure that when seat backs were first available, the seats themselves were attached at the front of the bleacher and the backs to the back. Somewhere along the way, they were changed and the seats were then attached to the back of the seats. This always made me feel like I was sliding forward. And I would rather have had no back on them at all. I always wished whoever decided which ones to provide would have to spend a season sitting on one to see how they fit and moved. I was told by friends, more than once, to bring tools and change what I didn't like. Pretty sure that was never gonna happen. Glad I don't need to have seat backs anymore.

Reactions: GMackey32

GetAwesome

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 29, 2010
Cedar Falls, IA
Anybody seeing notifications yet for seat selection dates? Cyclone Club membership packet says April 2023, and when you're logged into the ticket portal the welcome screen mentions "Early May" for the actual selection timeframe.

I know they are diligent about emailing when the info is ready, but it's the offseason so I gotta find something to complain about. Any higher level donors getting messages yet?

Sparkplug

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Central Iowa
Probably not the best place to ask this question but here it goes.

Did I read someplace that parking will be straight not angled?

If so the pickup will stay home and we’ll drive the Mini Cooper

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
I was kind of wondering about the parking situation with Funky Town, but we have been parking mostly on central campus lately anyway.

GMackey32

TJ's spy team member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2009
Ames Via Cedar Falls
Probably not the best place to ask this question but here it goes.

Did I read someplace that parking will be straight not angled?

If so the pickup will stay home and we’ll drive the Mini Cooper
The new parking lots will have straight spots instead of angled. So this year it depends on which lot you'll be in as only half of the lots will be done by the time the season starts.

GMackey32

TJ's spy team member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2009
Ames Via Cedar Falls
Anybody seeing notifications yet for seat selection dates? Cyclone Club membership packet says April 2023, and when you're logged into the ticket portal the welcome screen mentions "Early May" for the actual selection timeframe.

I know they are diligent about emailing when the info is ready, but it's the offseason so I gotta find something to complain about. Any higher level donors getting messages yet?
As of the first week of April, they didn't have a date nailed down yet. I'm sure they'll have more communications soon.

• Informative
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

SECyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 29, 2011
Pella

Wasn’t until mid June last year

EIClone

Nov 21, 2011
Solon
I contacted the ticket office this week. They told me I should see an email about ticket selection sometime this next week. Selections will start soon after that. (Mid-late May).

Parking will be later when they have a better idea of what the lots will look like in the fall.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
I got my seat selection email this afternoon, they are starting in a couple of weeks.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron