Best songs that don't get enough attention

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Maybe this is more well known that I think, but this one is absolutely amazing. Given the fate of the singer, the song reads as a message to himself, making it intensely relevant and tragic, but also one hell of a powerful song. I'd love to hear more, I'm always looking for more music to listen to.

Mad Season in general is underrated IMO. River of Deceit is another great tune.

pourcyne

Feb 19, 2011
Everything that's not in English, for starters. Like this one from "Becoming Astrid", a biographic film about the author of Pippi Longstocking.

[Chorus]
Run, dare to run
Through death into life
Run, dare to run
Through the darkness into the light

[Verse 1]
Take the opportunity to live, help yourself
Feel that the summer is yours
Take the opportunity to live, take a step forward
Or backwards if you want
Take the opportunity to live, stand in the middle of it
Meet the storms with a scream

[Chorus]
Run, dare to run
Through death into life
Run, dare to run

[Verse 2]
Don't despair, but you can cry
And see that the future can forgive
Don't blacken the whole board you received
Allow other colors to fit occasionally
Don't regret it, but you can learn
Then you walk the maze by heart

[Chorus]
Run, dare to run
Through death into life
Run, dare to run

[Bridge]
Run, dare to run
Over the gap, into the danger

[Chorus]
Run, dare to run
Through death into life
Run, dare to run
Run, dare to run
Through death into life

Reactions: t-noah

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I've gone on and on about BRMC, but still can't figure out why they've never become a big headliner

Saw them a couple of times. They're incredible.

Side note is once George Harrison's son was the opener and I walked by him and the band in the lobby between shows which was mind blowing.

Reactions: Cyclonepride

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
I've gone on and on about BRMC, but still can't figure out why they've never become a big headliner

Saw them play at Gabe's in I.C. many years ago, good show from what I remember but what really stood out was how short and tiny those guys are. During one of the opening acts a few of them were walking through the bar filled mostly with average-sized midwestern dudes like me and we towered over them. They looked like little black-haired wood elves. I'm sure I was pretty high at the time so that might've been it as well.

somecyguy

Jun 19, 2006
Maybe this is more well known that I think, but this one is absolutely amazing. Given the fate of the singer, the song reads as a message to himself, making it intensely relevant and tragic, but also one hell of a powerful song. I'd love to hear more, I'm always looking for more music to listen to.

Somewhere I read about them attempting make another album and even got in the studio once or twice, but Staley was so far gone by then.

• Sad
Reactions: Cyclonepride