***2024 Minnesota Vikings***

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Yes. Doesn't mean the last two Vikings picks aren't bad though. Makes no sense to draft two kids that are backups at best, when they could take Dulcich or Woods who could both potentially start at TE.
The CBS analyst doesn't agree with you. Gave the Asamoah pick an A:

Rangy, high-energy second-level defender who doesn't have much coverage experience but possesses the speed and change-of-direction ability to eventually become a quality player in that regard down the road. Speed pops on film too. Nasty taking on blocks. (Chris Trapasso)

clone52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
So, we can now analyze the trades.

If the Vikings and stood pat, they would have ended up with the following:
Jameson Williams
Andrew Booth Jr.
Ed Ingram

Instead, they got.
Lewis Cine
Andrew Booth Jr.
Ed Ingram
Brian Asamoah
Traded a 6th round and got a 4th rounder.

Obviously, if Williams becomes Justin Jefferson, its a bad trade. But honestly, I'd make those trades 9 times out of 10.

• Informative
Reactions: stuclone and Acylum

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
So, we can now analyze the trades.

If the Vikings and stood pat, they would have ended up with the following:
Jameson Williams
Andrew Booth Jr.
Ed Ingram

Instead, they got.
Lewis Cine
Andrew Booth Jr.
Ed Ingram
Brian Asamoah
Traded a 6th round and got a 4th rounder.

Obviously, if Williams becomes Justin Jefferson, its a bad trade. But honestly, I'd make those trades 9 times out of 10.
It will be a while before we really know who "wins" these trades, but this is a good way of looking at it

• Agree
Reactions: JM4CY

clone52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
Yes. Doesn't mean the last two Vikings picks aren't bad though. Makes no sense to draft two kids that are backups at best, when they could take Dulcich or Woods who could both potentially start at TE.

The Vikings have Irv Smith at TE and spending a 2nd rounder or 3rd rounder on a backup TE (they won't play 2 TEs much) is not good value.

Ed Ingram is a bad pick, I agree.
Asamoah is a good pick. I think he fits well as a WILL in a 3-4 defense. PFF really really liked him.

Reactions: cycloneG

clone52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
5 11 229 inside backer is tiny.

Seems like a lot of 3-4 teams have an ILB around that weight. Devon Bush for Pittsburgh is almost exactly that. Devondre Campbell is 6'3" but only 234. Jerome Baker of Miami is 6'2" and 225. Patrick Queen of the Ravens is 6'0" 232. Both Jaguars ILB are 235. Titans have one guy 5'11" 227 and the other 6'3" 230. Broncos have some of the biggest ILB at 236 and 240. Chargers are 241/245.

Eric Kendricks is only 6'0" and 230 lbs and he's a freaking stud.

I didn't go through the entire NFC, but unless height is your big concern, Asamoah does not seem like a tiny ILB in a 3-4 defense by any means.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
I guess having 4 picks out of the first 66 isn’t bad now that I think about it.

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
Taking a LB was OK but was surprised it wasn't Chenal, Harris, Muma or Walker.

Has to be something physically wrong with Dean.
Or the kid from Jackson State. James Houston IV. Asamoah is a good player, but maybe not an early 3rd rounder.

I heard on the radio that Dean might haveva shoulder issue and that he refused to have surgery. Not sure if that's true or if that is the reason for the downslide.

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
The Vikings have Irv Smith at TE and spending a 2nd rounder or 3rd rounder on a backup TE (they won't play 2 TEs much) is not good value.

Ed Ingram is a bad pick, I agree.
Asamoah is a good pick. I think he fits well as a WILL in a 3-4 defense. PFF really really liked him.
Irv is never healthy and they lost Conklin. Jelani Woods would have been a solid pick. Or Dulcich. Would be cool to get Kolar in round 4 if he's available.

clone52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
Irv is never healthy and they lost Conklin. Jelani Woods would have been a solid pick. Or Dulcich. Would be cool to get Kolar in round 4 if he's available.

Yeah, I think there is TE value later. Picking up a potential starting ILB was a better value at that spot in my opinion.