Similac formula recall

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
Neither of my daughters got that crap or bottled baby food. Each to their own.
Not sure if you are referencing all forms of formula. Some people don’t have a choice. With our first child, my wife just did not produce enough milk. If she wasn’t breast feeding, she was pumping, but we still had to supplement. We didn’t like it, but had no choice. Thankfully that changed with our second child and we had more than enough.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
There are a few different plants where formulas are manufactured/packaged. I worked in that industry for a couple of years in QC. Lots of plant swabs and culture testing. I'm surprised it actually got out the door.
This seems like they knew and didn’t correct the issue in the facility.

The FDA said environmental samples from the facility have yielded positive results for the Cronobacter bacteria, but there have been no reports of salmonella so far. A review of Abbott's records show that the company has destroyed products in the past due to the presence of Cronobacter.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
So nice when kids get off the formula and onto whole milk. I feel like there was less gas than the Similac.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Neither of my daughters got that crap or bottled baby food. Each to their own.

Wow. What a **** bag. When you did literally none of the work to produce it. "To each their own"? How about a cactus up your ass, *******. Jesus Christ how disconnected were you from your wife nursing/pumping to think formula is always a ******* choice people make. My pump has more hours on it the past two years than my car.

Last edited by a moderator:

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
It appears the rest of America has caught on to buying the store brand formula instead because they're hard to find right now. I wish people didn't panic buy.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
It appears the rest of America has caught on to buying the store brand formula instead because they're hard to find right now. I wish people didn't panic buy.
Is that something you can reoccurring order on Amazon? Not a dad so I don't know how well it would ship at regular temp and what not.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
Is that something you can reoccurring order on Amazon? Not a dad so I don't know how well it would ship at regular temp and what not.
Yeah and I'll go that route if I have to. We've been using the Sams club brand and the ingredients are pretty similar, but there are a couple of small differences so I'd prefer to keep on the same formula. Not the end of the world if we have to switch, just slightly annoying.

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
Yeah and I'll go that route if I have to. We've been using the Sams club brand and the ingredients are pretty similar, but there are a couple of small differences so I'd prefer to keep on the same formula. Not the end of the world if we have to switch, just slightly annoying.

Yeah Sams has been way hit or miss. They’re even limiting to 2 per person. Luckily we bought our last can a couple weeks ago. We’ve finally got the last one off formula. We ended up switching from the orange to the purple because it’s all we could find.

My parents said Costco was wiped too when they checked for us there. Target generally was too. My wife just had to keep up on looking every time she went somewhere.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
I think there’s one company that makes most of the store brands, so might be a supply issue for them.

cycfan1

Nov 27, 2006
Ames

Not justifying the panic buying, but literally only thing our child will take right now. Moving over to some solids here eventually, but not enough to satisfy for any means. Starting to get a little nervous looking at the shelves every week.

Just about starting our last can of Similac this week, and then likely working into some store brand formulas. Hope she takes okay because haven't been able to find any Similac for 4+ wks. Has anyone had success switching between brands at all... sure all okay but certainly leaving with a fair amount of stress. Had some stool issues early that I had chalked up to switching between formula so certainly would like to stick with same brands once we've established. Doesn't look like will be an option.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Not justifying the panic buying, but literally only thing our child will take right now. Moving over to some solids here eventually, but not enough to satisfy for any means. Starting to get a little nervous looking at the shelves every week.

Just about starting our last can of Similac this week, and then likely working into some store brand formulas. Hope she takes okay because haven't been able to find any Similac for 4+ wks. Has anyone had success switching between brands at all... sure all okay but certainly leaving with a fair amount of stress. Had some stool issues early that I had chalked up to switching between formula so certainly would like to stick with same brands once we've established. Doesn't look like will be an option.
I know it's late, but maybe having blended the new stuff in with the last can or two. 3/4 regular to 1/4 and then half and half and work up to the other brand.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009

Typically comes as a powder you mix. Supply chain issues throughout would be the problem.

Help Support Us

Become a patron