Tre King (Georgetown transfer)

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
We don't know whether he left on his own or was asked to leave.
Yeah we do, TJ specifically said he approached him after one of the last practices and said he was quitting. Either way, the guy couldn't hack it or was a prima donna who was only worried about how many points he could score. Team is better off with guys that actually want to be here and play defense.

• Agree
Reactions: Psiclone

AttackOfTheClones

Dec 10, 2017
Bushwood, Nebraska
www.youtube.com
Poor Jared Uthoff.
The last of the mbb players to get screwed by the NCAA vs today's low standards.

Redshirted @ Wisc
Transferred inner-conference to Iowa
Had to sit out an additional season @ Iowa
Lost a year's eligibility by transferring within same conference

in a world of unlimited transfers, transfer portal, opt-outs, 5th/6th yr players, Uthoff was limited to a 3-yr career

• Informative
Reactions: CyclonesRock

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
Poor Jared Uthoff.
The last of the mbb players to get screwed by the NCAA vs today's low standards.

Redshirted @ Wisc

in a world of unlimited transfers, transfer portal, opt-outs, 5th/6th yr players, Uthoff was limited to a 3-yr career
Are you sure he only had 3 years, OR did he play 4 but disappeared in the 2nd half of so many games that it seemed like 3 years?
(jimlad)

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Poor Jared Uthoff.

Redshirted @ Wisc

He knew it going in so I wouldn't consider him screwed unless you're saying he screwed himself.

• Agree
Reactions: WhoISthis

NENick

Feb 14, 2017
Hinson would have seen limited minutes with his defensive efforts.

Maybe, but no one knows, since he hasn't played in 2 years. We don't know much more about Tre King. I don't think I'm the only one who was looking forward to seeing what Hinson could do.

Happy to have King. Hinson is history. Maybe you or others have inside information, but all I know for sure is he moved on.

Reactions: isu83 and Big_Sill

8bitnes

Nov 21, 2010
Entered transfer portal September 27th. Is it safe to assume he was enrolled here for the fall semester?
Yes, Javan was enrolled this fall. He was signed as a graduate transfer. That combined with not being on scholarship this fall is why he is eligible

• Informative
Reactions: t-noah

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Yes, Javan was enrolled this fall. He was signed as a graduate transfer. That combined with not being on scholarship this fall is why he is eligible
Classes had been in session for 5 weeks before Johnson entered the portal, how was he not on scholarship?

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
Probably trying to walk-on at a community college back in Mississippi. I can't imagine any good program taking a flyer on a guy who sells out on his coaches and teammates a week before the season starts.
Why would he play in Mississippi when He can play in Florida where he is from?

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
Maybe, but no one knows, since he hasn't played in 2 years. We don't know much more about Tre King. I don't think I'm the only one who was looking forward to seeing what Hinson could do.

Happy to have King. Hinson is history. Maybe you or others have inside information, but all I know for sure is he moved on.
Hinson was the worst defender on the team by a big margin. He was going to play off then bench for offense. King has a great reputation as a defender. I also think on offense he brings the same if not more to the table than Blake did.

NENick

Feb 14, 2017
Hinson was the worst defender on the team by a big margin.

Maybe. I've only seen some video from 2 years ago. Here's an Otz quote about him:

"He's a guy that has a positive enthusiasm and energy on the court. Certainly, we've got some need with his physical frame and ability to rebound and defend multiple positions.”

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron