Tre King (Georgetown transfer)

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
If that winds up being the case, can he come in now as a practice player this semester, even though not enrolled in school here? That would be ideal.
Dah on me. Fall semester pretty close to being over.

This answers it...
“I think I'm going to make my decision next week or the week after. I may wait till after thanksgiving.”

“The plan is to come at break so as soon as the semester ends I'm at where I decided to go. I'm still working on seeing if I can get a waiver to play in December/ January but the plan is to be on campus after break.”
Georgetown transfer Tre King focusing on three schools, nearing a decision (247sports.com)

Hope he likes TJ and Ames! He could be the missing piece to this years and maybe next years team.

How much eligibility does he have left?

Reactions: Neptune78

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Dah on me. Fall semester pretty close to being over.

This answers it...
“I think I'm going to make my decision next week or the week after. I may wait till after thanksgiving.”

“The plan is to come at break so as soon as the semester ends I'm at where I decided to go. I'm still working on seeing if I can get a waiver to play in December/ January but the plan is to be on campus after break.”
Georgetown transfer Tre King focusing on three schools, nearing a decision (247sports.com)

Hope he likes TJ and Ames! He could be the missing piece to this years and maybe next years team.

How much eligibility does he have left?
3 to play 2 including this year.

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008
Can someone tell me why this kid transferred to Georgetown and never played? Or did I miss something?

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
Can someone tell me why this kid transferred to Georgetown and never played? Or did I miss something?

Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) issue most likely. Sounds like the school made the decision above athletics control.

Tre's father is a pastor, he is active in the Fellowship of Christian Athletes and carries above a 3.1 cumulative GPA according to the article. Doesn't sound serious an no other party is involved

Last edited:

tomar1

Aug 16, 2008
probably not gonna land king now because matt campbell says he doesnt wanna win big 12 titles.

wow thx matt.
That’s not what he said, however winning the Big 12 is the goal every year he just don’t say it! Getting his players to buy in what he coaches and teaches is important to get to those goals! I don’t care what he says as long as he stays our coach! If he ends up leaving it will be right back down to the basement with KU! So quit ******** and support him and appreciate what he has done here! Go Cyclones!

• Agree
  • Winner
Reactions: 83cy and Cloneon

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines

JBone84

Nov 30, 2006
Rochester, MN
Hey Tre,
We haven't forgotten you. Know you are mulling over your decision.

Please come to Ames! You'll love it here and would be a big part of an amazing turn-around. Have a great Thanksgiving. Can't wait to hear what you decide.
I think the only missing piece of the puzzle was an open letter. Glad we got that sorted out.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Shades of the effort to send Cheick Diallo a Thanksgiving twitter bomb while we were recruiting him!

Help Support Us

Become a patron