Random Thoughts 15: Crystal Clear 2021 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Last night my daughter had a friend over for dinner. They got on the topic of dad jokes and I was struggling so after a few I resorted to a blonde joke:

Three blondes walk into a bar - you'd think at least one of them would have seen it.

My daughter - who is blonde - said, "I don't get it." That got a bigger laugh than my joke.

She did get it after a few seconds.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Well...the play caller in the game is setting up to blame the refs if we win...
He just ranted about a review being totally wrong then repeated about four times what a huge break the Clones got in this first series with a clearly accurate penalty giving us a first down, and the review going in our favor.
'Bout time to switch over to John & Eric, methinks.

Reactions: Cyclones_R_GR8

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Really wish I could synch up with John & Eric. It just kept going back & forth. They'll be two plays behind, then there's a break, and then they're a play & a half ahead. I finally gave up, but the play callier is making me CRAZY...

Last edited:

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Man, is it crazy dark outside considering there is no rain or snow forecast. Winds gusting into the high 30's. Woof. Not my ideal with last call for leaf haul tomorrow.

Reactions: wxman1

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
First “day at the Iowa State Center” in a very long time. WBB at noon, MBB at 5 and a show at Stephens at 7. After being gone last week for a conference, it’s not ideal. But, weather is good, time enough between the two games to be home for a bit, and thanks to our lovely governor’s decree a few days ago, we have just two work days this week. ISU decided one of two new holidays for state employees to happen yet this calendar year, would be the day before Thanksgiving. The other is Dec. 23.

Reactions: wxman1

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
Really wish I could synch up with John & Eric. It just kept going back & forth. They'll be two plays behind, then there's a break, and then they're a play & a half ahead. I finally gave up, but the play callier is making me CRAZY...
What are you using to listen to them? and are you able to pause your tv?

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
What are you using to listen to them? and are you able to pause your tv?
Alexa connecting to I Heart 105.1. And yes, we have TIVO.

Usually it works great, but usually I'm synching with ESPN+ on my computer for basketball games.

I kept trying to mate audio & video, but it seemed like as soon as I got them to match, they'd go to a commercial break, and then I'd have to start all over again. And it was random; sometimes the video would come out of the break ahead of John & Erik, sometimes they'd announce a play while we still had commercials on the tv. It was really too distracting, and harder to watch/listen than just listening to the tv "talent". I was just expressing frustration yesterday. :)

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Nice crowd in Norman. Saw the jackass Hawkeye dressed fan before I entered the stadium. Then a UNI guy who was the beer wench for his group.

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY
Status
Not open for further replies.

Help Support Us

Become a patron