2021-2022 Predictions Thread

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
Alright, the CBB season starts in less than a week. Let's get some predictions going in here. Here's a few of mine

1. We go 5-13 in conference this year. Bad, but we finish ahead of K-State so we're finally not last.
2. One of those 5 wins is a huge upset over one of the conference favorites at home(KU, Baylor, Texas)
3. We at least play competitively against most teams. A few ass kickings in there but no 40 point losses at home
4. We win 1 in the NIT season tip off
5. We win all our buy games

Reactions: cyclones500

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I am just going to paste these here to see how they look end of year --

1635956177828.png

1635956192843.png

Reactions: CoKane

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
I think we'll be in the 8-11 win range, wouldn't shock me if we only won a couple of big 12 games.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
15-16 overall, 6-12 conference.
Hilton Magic returns - though they are not good, they are good enough to win a few we shouldn't at home.

I'm probably overly optimistic considering the whole team is basically new and has to start building chemistry from scratch. I think that first CFH team won 10, but I think this schedule of non-cons is easier.

Clone Cones eaten by me: bet the over.

Clone95

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 13, 2019
I think this team will have some of that extra "it" that will win us some games that we shouldn't. The exact opposite of last year's team which had absolutely zero of the "intangibles".

I see this team like our 2017-2018 team, although with a harder pre-season tourney, but also (hopefully) without the injuries to end the conference season. I predict: 8-5 non-con, 6-12 conference, win the first game in the Big 12 tourney and finish 15-18. I think 5 of the 6 wins in conference will be in the last half of the schedule.

JimDogRock

Feb 21, 2010
Cedar Falls
Brockington and Kalscheur will quickly become fan favorites.
Hunter will have a better freshman year than Wigginton but not as good Haliburton based on win shares.
The phrase "fire up the grill" will be used more than "Brocktober".

Official win prediction - 14 wins.
This should give us a better winning percentage than McDermott's worst year which was 43.75% in the 07-08 season.

cyclones7

May 17, 2010
I am usually pretty optimistic but we have no scorers on this team. I would guess 8-10 wins with 2-4 conference wins.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
I think it will be like a high single digit win season but hopefully we have some semblance of a system and effort.

Reactions: ChamplinCyclone22

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
My guess, as of Nov. 3. Regular season only. Close to my “realistic” best-case.
W Kennesaw State
L Oregon State
W Alabama State
W Grambling State
L vs. Xavier (NIT Season Tip-off)
L vs. Memphis/Virginia Tech (NIT Season Tip-off)
W Ark-Pine Bluff
L at Creighton (Big East/Big 12 Battle)
L Iowa
W Jackson State
W Southeastern Louisiana
W Chicago State
L Baylor*
L Texas Tech*
L at Oklahoma*
L at Kansas*
L Texas*
L at Texas Tech*
W TCU*
L at Oklahoma State*
W Missouri (Big 12/SEC Challenge)
L Kansas*
L at Texas*
L at West Virginia*
W Kansas State*
W at TCU*
W Oklahoma*
L West Virginia*
L at Kansas State*
W Oklahoma State*
L at Baylor*
(* Big 12 game)
—> 13-18 (5-13 Big 12 … 9th)

Notes: Possibly too confident with in-conference record; my glass-half-full side says the team gels better in final 6 weeks of season. A couple of the home wins within conference could be vs. a different team. Sweep one of TCU/KSU (that could be either/or). Home losses to Tech and WVa are tight, but can't close it; Iowa and Creighton losses competitive. We put a scare at Hilton into one of BU, KU, Texas (KU and UT bury us in the road games). At least one “buy” win will be a nail-biter.

(Edit/addition -- My floor is probably 10-21/3-15)

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
My guess, as of Nov. 3. Regular season only. Close to my “realistic” best-case.
W Kennesaw State
L Oregon State
W Alabama State
W Grambling State
L vs. Xavier (NIT Season Tip-off)
L vs. Memphis/Virginia Tech (NIT Season Tip-off)
W Ark-Pine Bluff
L at Creighton (Big East/Big 12 Battle)
L Iowa
W Jackson State
W Southeastern Louisiana
W Chicago State
L Baylor*
L Texas Tech*
L at Oklahoma*
L at Kansas*
L Texas*
L at Texas Tech*
W TCU*
L at Oklahoma State*
W Missouri (Big 12/SEC Challenge)
L Kansas*
L at Texas*
L at West Virginia*
W Kansas State*
W at TCU*
W Oklahoma*
L West Virginia*
L at Kansas State*
W Oklahoma State*
L at Baylor*
(* Big 12 game)
—> 13-18 (5-13 Big 12 … 9th)

Notes: Possibly too confident with in-conference record; my glass-half-full side says the team gels better in final 6 weeks of season. A couple of the home wins within conference could be vs. a different team. Sweep one of TCU/KSU (that could be either/or). Home losses to Tech and WVa are tight, but can't close it; Iowa and Creighton losses competitive. We put a scare at Hilton into one of BU, KU, Texas (KU and UT bury us in the road games). At least one “buy” win will be a nail-biter.

(Edit/addition -- My floor is probably 10-21/3-15)
Based on our non-conference games: 1. Win 7, then we win 2-5 in conference. 2. Win less than 7, win 1-3 conference. 3. Win more than 7, win 3-6 conference.

Not knowing anything about this team, I will use the non-conference to get an idea of what we might have this season.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
I predict we will always play hard, hustle, defend, be competitive, probably lose a lot, and be fun to watch and support.

Which was alot like our first year with Fred. Which transfer will be what Jake Anderson was for that team?

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Fred's first team core was these 7

Diante
Scottie
Jake
Ejim
Vanderbeken
C Godfrey
Bubu

I think Otz's first group can probably go at least 8 deep. Like Fred's team Otz has the key freshman in Hunter, Conditt to me is what Diante was a guy that had potential that was unleashed with a coaching change. We have a few Jake's types in Brockington, Kalascheur and Jones.

Reactions: cyclones500

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Fred's first team core was these 7

Diante
Scottie
Jake
Ejim
Vanderbeken
C Godfrey
Bubu

I think Otz's first group can probably go at least 8 deep. Like Fred's team Otz has the key freshman in Hunter, Conditt to me is what Diante was a guy that had potential that was unleashed with a coaching change. We have a few Jake's types in Brockington, Kalascheur and Jones.
Vanderbeken was a really underrated piece on that team too.

Reactions: CycloneRulzzz