NBA: Jordan vs Lebron

MisterO

Proverbs 19:11
Dec 6, 2020
Who gives a **** what a bunch of has beens have to say. JFC these guys think they could still be stars in this league at 60. Like I said earlier, nostalgia keeps this from being an honest conversation. Jordan thought he could still play in the league at 50(must have forgot his Wizards years). Reminds me of Mercury Morris talking g about the '72 Dolphins.
I care.
Rodman only played in the league for over a decade and played on several championship teams. I’m pretty sure he’s an expert when it comes to basketball. I’ll take his opinion about basketball over the ‘expert’ posters on these threads that probably didn’t play past high school...

Reactions: ATCy

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
Just my take on it...pretty sure most people on this thread believe MJ was better than King James.
But please, give us your expert analysis my prickly friend.
I think that’s what made MJ the best: he made nobodies into superstars. Jordan had the ability to make everyone around him better.
92-93 Bulls Season (with Jordan): 57-25 regular season record
93-94 Bulls Season (without Jordan): 55-27 regular season record

09-10 Cavs Season (with Lebron): 61-21 regular season record
10-11 Cavs Season (without Lebron): 19-63 regular season record

WISCY1895

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 25, 2009
Reactions: MisterO

MisterO

Dec 6, 2020
92-93 Bulls Season (with Jordan): 57-25 regular season record
93-94 Bulls Season (without Jordan): 55-27 regular season record

09-10 Cavs Season (with Lebron): 61-21 regular season record
10-11 Cavs Season (without Lebron): 19-63 regular season record
Right on- your stats are legit and I appreciate you posting them. However, a couple other thoughts regarding the numbers you’ve presented:
a) I think your stats reinforce my point- MJ took those guys and made them into warriors...they didn’t need MJ to win every night. MJ built a solid core of supporting players, sort of a next man up mentality. Not to say they didn’t miss MJ, but MJ built a true team, not one built on one guy.
b) Do your stats account for players who were added or lost from the previous seasons’ rosters? If the Cavs lost a key player or two in addition to King James, maybe that accounts for the huge drop in losses...?

What say you sir?

MisterO

Dec 6, 2020
Just guessing but curious if anyone on here who thinks Lebron is better than MJ is above the age of 30?
Guilty as charged your honor. I’m in my 40’s...

So maybe there’s some generational bias at play here...?

Let’s flip it: are there any MJ supporters who are U30? I think I know the answer to this...

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Right on- your stats are legit and I appreciate you posting them. However, a couple other thoughts regarding the numbers you’ve presented:
a) I think your stats reinforce my point- MJ took those guys and made them into warriors...they didn’t need MJ to win every night. MJ built a solid core of supporting players, sort of a next man up mentality. Not to say they didn’t miss MJ, but MJ built a true team, not one built on one guy.
b) Do your stats account for players who were added or lost from the previous seasons’ rosters? If the Cavs lost a key player or two in addition to King James, maybe that accounts for the huge drop in losses...?

What say you sir?

What a spinzone on a). Made them into warriors. Give me a break.

LeBron was given absolutely nobody on his first stint with the Cavs. Who was the second best player when he made the finals in 07? LARRY HUGHES! LARRY HUGHES! Michael Jordan could never!

Then he dragged them to the finals and had Golden State on the ropes on his second stint with ******* Matthew Delledevoda as the second best player.

Then the next year wins the finals after going down 3-1 in the finals to the all time winningest team in nba history? And wins it all?! In Cleveland?!

But no according to the MJ disciples, LeBron doesn't have the winning mentality and can't win.

He's won at 3 different cities!

Get the **** outta here