Hunter Reaffirms Commitment

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

cyclonehomer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2019
At this point, if no other guard is brought in, who do you think would be the back up point guard as of now when Hunter needs rest, foul trouble, or other....... Wouldn't it be Jaden Walker? Admittedly I didn't watch enough of the games this year (sad, I know) to have a good idea.
I know Grill played PG a bit last year, so my guess is that it would be a combination of those two?

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
At this point, if no other guard is brought in, who do you think would be the back up point guard as of now when Hunter needs rest, foul trouble, or other....... Wouldn't it be Jaden Walker? Admittedly I didn't watch enough of the games this year (sad, I know) to have a good idea.
I was wondering this myself. I think it would have to be Walker. A full offseason could help him a great deal.

Psiclone

Apr 11, 2006

I would love it if Walker improves to the point he can back up Hunter, really like his size/potential. But, you make a good point, another experienced PG to back up/mentor Hunter is a good idea.

A_storm_is_comin

Jan 9, 2021
I would expect Walker to backup TH. Hope he takes a step and can get some off-guard minutes too.
Hopefully Walker can learn to shoot. I'm hoping TJ can really help him with that. Coaching with Hoiberg I would bet he picked up some pointers to improve shooters. I'm so desperate for the days when we were one of the best 3 point shooting teams in the country.

A_storm_is_comin

Jan 9, 2021
I was wondering this myself. I think it would have to be Walker. A full offseason could help him a great deal.
Unfortunately, well...maybe not. I think Hunter is going to get to play at least 30 min a game has freshman. I just wish he had a veteran guard to learn from like Morris had with Kane. Kane made Morris develop quickly. Everything I heard about those two. Practices got pretty intense, which is a good thing.

Fishhead

Oct 6, 2010
Those highlights of Hunter remind me a lot of JorBo............. or not.

Off topic a bit, but when I watch player highlight vids I think of all the times when I was a kid playing basketball at Beyer Hall and State Gym in the 80s. Funny if there was a mixtape of me raining threes and the occasional good moves in the paint. Of course there wouldn’t be any dunking.

• Agree
Reactions: qwerty

Psiclone

Apr 11, 2006
He is going to put a lot of pressure on the defense.

Great handle, quickness, and athleticism! The only criticisms I have read re: him are his outside shot and strength/size. Not sure h/ow much his shooting has improved but Monte did fine his first year and he wasn't nearly as athletic/quick. This is the game changer the team needed, ability to penetrate should help outside shooters.

Psiclone

Apr 11, 2006
Off topic a bit, but when I watch player highlight vids I think of all the times when I was a kid playing basketball at Beyer Hall and State Gym in the 80s. Funny if there was a mixtape of me raining threes and the occasional good moves in the paint. Of course there wouldn’t be any dunking.

I did the same in '81, '82. Hated the end courts in State Gym with the track hanging over the corners of the courts.

• Agree
Reactions: Aclone

CyclonesFan4ever

Jan 10, 2021
Ames
For a kid who lost his parents at a such young age, he has handled the situation with great maturity. After reading the following tweet, I can't help but feel so fortunate that we have not only captured a great talent in basketball but a great human being, someone who will represent our school well and be the cornerstone of returning to the glory.

Tyrese + #11 = Greatness x 2.

Tlyon

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 26, 2017

This is awesome lol

Hold up, are we really going to gloss over the fact it looks like TJ is wearing a black jersey??? Look like a basketball version of the football ones. F’ing sick

Edit: now I’m starting to second guess myself and it looks kinda like the gray jersey. But it still looks a bit off if it is the gray