Anyone else hearing that JP has already decided Prohm is coming back?

NENick

Feb 14, 2017
Johnny Majors left for a better job. Earle Bruce left for a better job. Tim Floyd left for a better job. Fred Hoiberg left for a better job. Why is that such an issue for folks?

I remember being very disappointed each of those times. Pretty young when Majors & Bruce left, but in every case, couldn't understand why they would want to leave us.

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
So now he's leaving Nebby. This quickly. That's great.

This argument makes no sense. Whatever coach we hire will be leaving his current school because he thinks ISU is a better opportunity. That’s common to all potential candidates and it’s a good thing.

You are grasping at straws here in order to find reasons to downgrade one specific candidate.

Clonestarred

Oct 5, 2020
I remember being very disappointed each of those times. Pretty young when Majors & Bruce left, but in every case, couldn't understand why they would want to leave us.
Maybe it is finally a time where ISU is a destination and not a stepping stone. CMC appears to think so and maybe Fred realizes it. I am not saying he is the best candidate, but he has the most successful 5 year run in program history.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Pollard is going to tell certain people he's talked with Fred and he wants back in and Nebby is willing to make it happen. Hey I have a bridge for sale on the border to Missouri. Interested?

Why does him posting rumors bother you so much?

Reactions: WhoISthis and ATCy

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
HARSH!
He quit on us!

I don’t think Hoiberg will ever coach here again. But I can’t figure out why so many people are butthurt about him leaving. I hated him leaving ISU but I understood that when the NBA comes calling, especially the Chicago Bulls, and they are going to double your salary - that’s a no brainer opportunity. You HAVE to take it if the NBA was a dream of yours.

People take jobs and ultimately come back to one they liked but didn’t realize how much they liked. Too much sour grapes from too many people.

Also, Hoiberg would be one of a handful of coaches that would immediate ignite interest back in ISU basketball. I’d still rather than a more established coach for Hoiberg-level money, but it would be an absolute home run hire.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I’m excited for the cliche, “my sources on ____ being hired were correct at the time I posted but negotiation fell through” posts here in a couple weeks.

It's part of message boards and have been for 25 years. I don't get why people get so bent out of shape about it.

Reactions: WhoISthis

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
Over the past few weeks, I've talked to a a few people who I would consider to be in the "know". From what I've heard one of two things are going to happen. Either Prohm is our coach next year, or Hoiberg is our coach next year. I'm not sure there is an in-between based off what I've heard. I also have absolutely no idea how reliable any of my sources are, so take it for what it's worth.

If Pollard (or anyone) is still wavering on Steve Prohm being our coach next year, I’m not sure I trust him to make the next hire. He has to see the apathy from fans and that we aren’t even in the ballpark of fielding a competitive team in the Big 12. He’s not dumb.

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
national media will go wtf when we hire tj

some low level coach that hasnt proven anything

locally, fans will rejoice because we got a guy whose married to an isu alum and was an assistant here. woooooooooo

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Once again, he would be leaving for a better job.

So you’re saying fred, or more to the point his people, talked to a couple donors and said he’d like to come back.

so it’s the same tact he used when he came to the baylor game a couple years ago to do the interview with ESPN during the game

• Dumb
Reactions: ISUTex

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
national media will go wtf when we hire tj

some low level coach that hasnt proven anything

locally, fans will rejoice because we got a guy whose married to an isu alum and was an assistant here. woooooooooo

if you get Fred’s name in enough people’s mouths, tj will truly be a letdown. It’s almost like someone is manipulating the narrative behind the scenes.

• Dumb
Reactions: ISUTex and jsb

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Over the past few weeks, I've talked to a a few people who I would consider to be in the "know". From what I've heard one of two things are going to happen. Either Prohm is our coach next year, or Hoiberg is our coach next year. I'm not sure there is an in-between based off what I've heard. I also have absolutely no idea how reliable any of my sources are, so take it for what it's worth.

I have no idea how a coach can have 20 losses and follow it up with (likely) 22 losses in a shortened season and retain their job at a P6 school.

If it were like 15 losses then maybe the COVID card gets pulled out but 22 has to be non-negotiable.

Reactions: cyclonehomer

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
So by my tally, we have at least two people definitively saying TJ will be the coach. And Fred Hoiberg will be the coach. All before we have fired our coach.

You forgot Beilein, Altman, Bennett, Juan Howard, and Coach K since he interviewed in 1978 or something.

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
Fred is realistically the best candidate we could hope for. If he wants to come back, and the donor money is there, I think it's a no brainer.

However, at this point I will be happy with pretty much any coach other than Prohm for next year. Just start fresh and support the hell out of whoever it is

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
if you get Fred’s name in enough people’s mouths, tj will truly be a letdown. It’s almost like someone is manipulating the narrative behind the scenes.

holy cow we agree

ill be honest tho, i dont want either.

where do you sit, cat?

Reactions: GetAwesome