Anyone else hearing that JP has already decided Prohm is coming back?

tyler24

Jun 19, 2006
Our fans are such great fans that they have actually quit watching the games to show what great fans they are.

Awesome.
You do realize the faster fans stop showing up the faster Pollard is forced to make a move right? The great thing about ISU fans is that they show up when they see improvement, not when we are winning. ISU fans want teams that play with heart and discipline. Prohm teams have neither of these.

• Agree
Reactions: mplueg

CyLyte2

Dec 3, 2020
In year one he turned Jameel McKay from defensive player of the year to head case, finished in the bottom half of the conference and again managed to not beat a high major team in the NCAA Tournament despite having one of the most loaded rosters all time at ISU. The Sweet 16 was by virtue of beating two teams that we would schedule in Hilton in December. Iona and Little Rock. It was only not evident to those who don’t really look at what’s happening. Prohm was a disaster from the beginning. He took a legit Final 4 team to the Sweet 16 and got embarrassed.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
In year one he turned Jameel McKay from defensive player of the year to head case, finished in the bottom half of the conference and again managed to not beat a high major team in the NCAA Tournament despite having one of the most loaded rosters all time at ISU. The Sweet 16 was by virtue of beating two teams that we would schedule in Hilton in December. Iona and Little Rock. It was only not evident to those who don’t really look at what’s happening. Prohm was a disaster from the beginning. He took a legit Final 4 team to the Sweet 16 and got embarrassed.

Jameel always was (and still is ) a head case

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007

Aaaaaaaaaaaand here we go again with the re-imagining of the past.

One...we were NOT a "legit" final four team because Naz checked out that entire year due injury and Jameel McKay checked out because he was mad he had to practice. And even then "legit".....please. Not even with Fred as coach.

As for the NCAA draw......Iona was harder draw than UAB, and Little Rock(with Chris Beard at coach)had just upset Purdue. If you are all bent out of shape that Steve Prohm didn't "earn" that sweet sixteen, take it up with coach Painter at Purdue. They were the team that choked.

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA
Aaaaaaaaaaaand here we go again with the re-imagining of the past.

Naz checked out that entire year due injury...Jameel McKay checked out because he was mad he had to practice. As for the NCAA draw......Iona was harder draw than UAB, and Little Rock(with Chris Beard at coach)had just upset Purdue. If you are all bent out of shape that Steve Prohm didn't "earn" that sweet sixteen, take it up with coach Painter at Purdue. They were the team that choked.
Jameel was mad he had to go to class. He was in the same 9am international perspectives elective class I was in, and I noticed that whenever he would skip class, he would be suspended the next game. He was not in class several times.

• Informative
Reactions: CYEATHAWK

SCarolinaCy

Jun 20, 2011
Greenville, SC
Jameel was mad he had to go to class. He was in the same 9am international perspectives elective class I was in, and I noticed that whenever he would skip class, he would be suspended the next game. He was not in class several times.
(Unless you are Duke or Gonzaga) Me thinks it is harder to build 5 Star culture in BB than it is in FB.

Brandon

Feb 6, 2014

Bash on prohm all you want (most of it is deserved) but a legit final 4 team? Gtfo

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
You can make all the excuses for Prohm you want but all the things I posted happened. And anyone of us could have turned it over to Georges and company and finished bottom half of the conference and beat a couple low majors to get to the Sweet 16.

Sounds like you should send your resume into JP then.

Reactions: Candide

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Why, I never claimed to be a basketball coach. And if you read the post you’ll see I said “any of us” and I’m right.

I have serious doubts about your candidacy since you don't even know who was on the active roster for the season you're whining and b!itching about.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron