Anyone else hearing that JP has already decided Prohm is coming back?

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort
I was a huge Prohm defender and I didn't blame 2020 on Hoiberg. I think I defended Prohm in 2019 when we earned a 6 seed in the tournament and won the Big 12 tournament as a successful season. I defended Prohm in 2018 as I think that was the season that you could put some blame on the previous coaching staff for a lack of recruiting their last 2 years in power.

I have always supported, not defended CSP and every Cyclone team that has ever taken the court.

The results of the last 2 seasons have been unacceptable at the high major level. I just think people have to have some real perspective and expectations of the program. TWO Big 12 titles in over 20 years. Fred's teams were fun to watch, had conference tournament success, consistently sniffed the top 25 and never won the conference. Not once. Our storied basketball program has made it past the Sweet Sixteen in the real tournament exactly ONCE.

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort
you mean like the absurd Hoiberg didn’t leave Prohm a quality 7th man for his second season troop screwing Prohm troupe? Give me an effing break.

I don't know what any of this means.

what should people be talking about regarding MBB?

I clarified in another post that I was talking about everything. A certain group on here are obsessed with shitting on CSP and post about nothing else.

One break, coming up.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park

I clarified in another post that I was talking about everything. A certain group on here are obsessed with shitting on CSP and post about nothing else.

One break, coming up.

Lol there really isn’t much else to talk about until he’s finally fired.

Reactions: socalcy

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019
That was uncomfortable. You can always count on Randy P to ask the tough questions
But honestly that’s a question that needs to be asked, and should be asked. The media has been pretty easy on Prohm. He can handle a tough question or two, and is not immune from criticism.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
I get it if it hasn’t been formally said “you’re gone after the season”. But I’m sure Prohm kind of knows it’s coming.

• Agree
Reactions: Pat

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006

It means there is a group of people on this site that continually talked about how Fred basically screwed Prohm, in his second year, by not leaving him a good enough 7th man and that's utterly absurd.

Of course people will blame Prohm for next year. This is the lowest point in the program in my lifetime. This program is absolutely gutted IMO. I wish I was like Chipp but I'm not particularly excited about next season regardless of the coach.

For the record I've defended Prohm's good seasons as hard as anybody on here especially 2019. That was a good year and should be treated as such.

• Winner
Reactions: CloneIce

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
I don't think CSP should keep his job. But I also think there were people around Ames who wanted him to fail from day one.

People were on Prohm's ass four months before he ever coached a game at ISU, one even took the trouble to write a snarky op-ed to the DMR that had nothing to do with his ability to coach basketball. And people will still occasionally bring that situation up in here if you know which rocks to look under, so you know it wasn't just one crank prof on campus. I've never seen that kind of deal with any coach anywhere before, despite it being a common approach taken with players all over the country.

Now, if they had won more, maybe that pissy sentiment would have evaporated. But given it was often only ever a bad half of basketball from getting brought up, I doubt it.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Anyone else notice in the video that they basically are not practicing the two days before Baylor? I’m no bball coach but that seems counterproductive

There are required days you have to take off. Always happens. Will happen with TJ next year.

• Winner
Reactions: isufbcurt

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I have always supported, not defended CSP and every Cyclone team that has ever taken the court.

The results of the last 2 seasons have been unacceptable at the high major level. I just think people have to have some real perspective and expectations of the program. TWO Big 12 titles in over 20 years. Fred's teams were fun to watch, had conference tournament success, consistently sniffed the top 25 and never won the conference. Not once. Our storied basketball program has made it past the Sweet Sixteen in the real tournament exactly ONCE.

And up until last year they had similar results. One bad year. One sweet 16. One ncaa upset in first round. 2 tourney titles.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I don't think CSP should keep his job. But I also think there were people around Ames who wanted him to fail from day one.

People were on Prohm's ass four months before he ever coached a game at ISU, one even took the trouble to write a snarky op-ed to the DMR that had nothing to do with his ability to coach basketball. And people will still occasionally bring that situation up in here if you know which rocks to look under, so you know it wasn't just one crank prof on campus. I've never seen that kind of deal with any coach anywhere before, despite it being a common approach taken with players all over the country.

Now, if they had won more, maybe that pissy sentiment would have evaporated. But given it was often only ever a bad half of basketball from getting brought up, I doubt it.

Those people will exist and be there no matter what when it comes to that. I remember Chiz and his life coach getting the same treatment.

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
Floyd had a really bad year. Larry had several really bad years.

Floyd had a single bad year after three good ones. Larry had a bad year after winning back to back Big 12 titles. And the
fans never complained that it was due to the previous head coach.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
For those who like Craig Smith.

Sometimes it's because a coach really likes it there and wants to stay. Sometimes it's because an AD knows he can cash in after investing in a coach he doesn't want to let get away too cheap. If a coach is good you do what you can to keep him, knowing you probably won't. But at least you get something out of it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Yaz and psychlone99

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
No, "fans" like you, especially you will still be dogging on CSP for any future team's shortcomings for the next 5 or 6 years.

You are a true champion of ISU athletic support and seem like a cool guy.
So you're saying that it's going to bother you that people will blame Prohm for taking over a top 10 team and running it into a likely winless conference season by the time he was done? Man, what? That's literally what happened. What are people supposed to say about him? We already get a stupid qualifier that has nothing to do with anything about how nice he is like every 3 posts. What else do you want from one of the biggest flameouts in program history?

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
If you want the program to be a winning program again, you are a bad fan.

Am I doing this right....?
Remember when we went through the same song and dance back with CPR? There's some very familiar faces who went down with the ship then who are going down the same path now. It's pretty interesting to see develop tbh