Not open for further replies.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
So, pretty much being a Dalmatian? :rolleyes:

Flashback to 60 years ago and my dad driving an old Buick down gravel roads with Mike the Dalmatian running behind or along side of the car to burn up some excess Dalmatian energy. Also, since this was back in the day, let the dog run the hood a lot.
You named your dog mike?

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
So, pretty much being a Dalmatian? :rolleyes:

Flashback to 60 years ago and my dad driving an old Buick down gravel roads with Mike the Dalmatian running behind or along side of the car to burn up some excess Dalmatian energy. Also, since this was back in the day, let the dog run the hood a lot.

Yeah, she can go for hours if we let her. Apparently, we need to increase fetch time after work.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
If this wasn't a dog this would be a lot better story.
You didn't go there. Ah, shame on you. Or something something something. Start writing because it will be a great book and all the best people will buy it.

;)

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
You named your dog mike?

All of my dad's dogs were named Mike but the Dalmatian Mike was the original. Here he is July 1953 from a picture in the local paper. Hey, they rode on firetrucks, why not on top of a fuel truck?

mike the dalmation_adjusted_800x600.jpg

Okay, you'd probably never do this today. I do remember, years after this picture, riding with my dad when Mike jumped off the moving truck to go tangle with a farm dog that was chasing the truck. :oops:

Last edited:

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
All of my dad's dogs were named Mike but the Dalmatian Mike was the original. Here he is July 1953 from a picture in the local paper. Hey, they rode on firetrucks, why not on top of fuel truck?

View attachment 80714

Okay, you'd probably never do this today. I do remember, years after this picture, riding with my dad when Mike jumped off the moving truck to go tangle with a farm dog that was chasing the truck. :oops:

Good to know that that stance is a Dalmatian thing. Sadie has that exact stance.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Good to know that that stance is a Dalmatian thing. Sadie has that exact stance.
Don't you ever watch the AKC national championship or similar shows? You'd know exactly what a dalmation should look like and stand like ;) I love those shows and I'm not a dog person.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Fun to meet the classes today!
Off campus (and in the offices), Osky definitely is not playing the "wear masks" game. Students did, though.

One classroom would be perfect for a non-COVID world, but totally doesn't fit this new world. There's no way for students to distance unless they stay home. Reading between the lines of some things, I think that happened in the fall with "unauthorized" decisions to use Zoom instead of attending in-person. We'll see how that goes, I guess.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
That muffler and tailpipe replacement job SUUUUUCKED. It's done though and will hopefully last as long as the pick up lasts (truck has 250,000+). When doing some smoke wrench work caught my stocking hat which had fallen off on fire (just a little hole in on the edge I'll still wear it.)

Other notes the weather was beautiful today which made a hard job more pleasant. The truck is much quieter.

Reactions: SCyclone

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Dentist this morning for yet another crown. All those metal fillings I got as a kid (yes, I ate too much candy!) have "settled" in my teeth and cracked them. This will be #4.......I will be glad to be able to eat hard, crunchy foods again.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
That muffler and tailpipe replacement job SUUUUUCKED. It's done though and will hopefully last as long as the pick up lasts (truck has 250,000+). When doing some smoke wrench work caught my stocking hat which had fallen off on fire (just a little hole in on the edge I'll still wear it.)

Other notes the weather was beautiful today which made a hard job more pleasant. The truck is much quieter.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Dentist this morning for yet another crown. All those metal fillings I got as a kid (yes, I ate too much candy!) have "settled" in my teeth and cracked them. This will be #4.......I will be glad to be able to eat hard, crunchy foods again.
Getting the actual crown today or just the prep and temporary crown until they can get the permanent?

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

Been a pretty mild winter so far. Only 6ish weeks to March which is fine by me.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Google just buzzed me with a picture with the caption "relive this moment from 5 years ago"

It was one of the pictures I had taken from when my house was broken into.
Thanks Google :jimlad:

• Funny
Reactions: VeloClone
Status
Not open for further replies.