Random Thoughts 14: I can see clearly now 2020 edition

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I’m not sure what happened. I got a call that had massive confusion on it from the other side and by the time it was done they basically agreed to just pay me a decent amount more for doing what I was going to do anyhow. There has to be a catch I’m thinking.

Reactions: NWICY

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
So I got my flu shot and tetanus booster today (which everyone should do), but they aren't kidding when they say it makes your arm sore. It doesn't really hurt, but I'm amazed it's still sore 12 hours after I got it

• Friendly
Reactions: SCyclone

do4CY

Aug 30, 2020
So I got my flu shot and tetanus booster today (which everyone should do), but they aren't kidding when they say it makes your arm sore. It doesn't really hurt, but I'm amazed it's still sore 12 hours after I got it
This was one of the few years that mine wasn't sore afterwards. I was pleasantly surprised.

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012

I know I got my tetanus and flu shot within four days of each other last month, different arms. My flu shot arm was sorer than the tetanus shot arm.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I used to get the MMR booster with tetanus, fairly common. Had a nasty reaction to the shot. Tetanus not bad, but MMR part welted up my arm and gave my arm a fever. It was burning hot.

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
I know I got my tetanus and flu shot within four days of each other last month, different arms. My flu shot arm was sorer than the tetanus shot arm.
Maybe that's also part of the issue. I got the two shots together and in the same arm so maybe they're both contributing to that.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
My wife is watching "This Is Us"

No idea why she would put herself through this....

Or me for that matter

I've heard it and 'Friday Night Lights' are really good...but everyone tells me every episode makes them cry.

So I guess I'm supposed to enjoy voluntarily making myself sad.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
When you really start to feel your own mortality, it can be quite the shot to the gut. I've been mourning my buddy these past days, and realizing I won't ever do this or that with him again is truly sad.

Sorry for being a Debbie Downer. It'll get better, you'll see.

Stay strong, it gets better. My family going through the shake ups now. We used to have large family get togethers but with my oldest sister passing and the BIL in a care facility, it now is basically me and my sister and our kids. We are making the next step of waiting to be grandparents (man did I just say that) and then they will start to grow.

• Friendly
Reactions: SCyclone

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Sooo is this good or bad?
I've gotten used to working from home, I've got a better workstation here than in the office. But I do miss having people to talk to face to face. A few of us used to get together for lunch several days a week back in one guys large office. He does all the PC support so he has to have a large office to store equipment and keep it secure.
Bad for the pants companies. GR8 is going on day 135 of no pants.
Nah, I wear pants. Once it a while it might be pajama pants and that is usually when I take a nap and then work overnight. I don't get the concept of sitting around all day in your underwear.

• Agree
Reactions: BuffettClone

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I've gotten used to working from home, I've got a better workstation here than in the office. But I do miss having people to talk to face to face. A few of us used to get together for lunch several days a week back in one guys large office. He does all the PC support so he has to have a large office to store equipment and keep it secure.

Nah, I wear pants. Once it a while it might be pajama pants and that is usually when I take a nap and then work overnight. I don't get the concept of sitting around all day in your underwear.

Oh, I didn’t think of underwear. I figure it saves money if you don’t wear anything. No laundry to do.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Stay strong, it gets better. My family going through the shake ups now. We used to have large family get togethers but with my oldest sister passing and the BIL in a care facility, it now is basically me and my sister and our kids. We are making the next step of waiting to be grandparents (man did I just say that) and then they will start to grow.
Yes, I lost both my parents and a brother in a five year period. Brother passed away 1 month after Dad. After Mom passed one of my sisters asked if they would ever see me again as they lived in the same town as Mom and the only time I saw them was when I went to visit Mom & Dad.
It makes me think that when I retire I should try to move someplace closer to them.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Yes, I lost both my parents and a brother in a five year period. Brother passed away 1 month after Dad. After Mom passed one of my sisters asked if they would ever see me again as they lived in the same town as Mom and the only time I saw them was when I went to visit Mom & Dad.
It makes me think that when I retire I should try to move someplace closer to them.

I don’t know my sisters thoughts. She said she was concerned about family gatherings basically falling apart, but neither of my sisters made an effort to visit mom. They would wait to have me bring her to them. There was a point where I was getting close to hourly calls from mom because she was getting lonely, I asked my sisters the last time they spoke to mom, they said she hadn’t called them in a couple weeks. That told me they didn’t reach out themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.