Mike Babb's Flinthills Smokehouse

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
When we went to the TCU game, we learned that Babb Bros. BBQ in Dallas is not open :mad:, but that Mike Babb has started his own place near Topeka, Kansas called Flinthills Smokehouse :D.

Anybody else interested in going after the game in Lawrence on Saturday? I'm hoping to do so.

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort
When we went to the TCU game, we learned that Babb Bros. BBQ in Dallas is not open :mad:, but that Mike Babb has started his own place near Topeka, Kansas called Flinthills Smokehouse :D.

Anybody else interested in going after the game in Lawrence on Saturday? I'm hoping to do so.

Maple Hill is a little bit of a drive and if you want to stay in Lawrence then check out Biemer's BBQ. Drive thru or curbside only right now. The cue rivals anything in KC.

Let me know if you have any Lawrence questions. Things are pretty different right now because of COVID, but you could probably still grab some good food.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Maple Hill is a little bit of a drive and if you want to stay in Lawrence then check out Biemer's BBQ. Drive thru or curbside only right now. The cue rivals anything in KC.

Let me know if you have any Lawrence questions. Things are pretty different right now because of COVID, but you could probably still grab some good food.

We enjoyed Lawrence when we went down for the basketball game last year. This year, we probably won't do anything in Lawrence other than the game.

I've been craving Babb Bros. BBQ for years. More than happy to make the drive for the sausage alone!

Plus, I just like supporting a business of the Babb family.

Last edited:

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops

Are they permanently closed, or just temporarily?

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Stopped at Flint Hills last year on way to KState.
Tiny speck of a town, and the restaurant was about it.
Very nicely done, and had great food.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Good news. It looks like Babb Bros. BBQ in Dallas was "recently opened."

Looks like we may get another opportunity to go there on Dec 12 or 19!
I went to the TCU game the year that Nick was at Arkansas and stopped at Babb Brothers for lunch, wearing ISU gear. Mr. Babb - Chris and Nick's dad - saw the ISU logo and sat and talked hoops with me for a half-hour. Great guy. He really liked Fred and said that the Razorbacks couldn't handle Hilton (they'd lost there earlier in the season). The food was good, too.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I went to the TCU game the year that Nick was at Arkansas and stopped at Babb Brothers for lunch, wearing ISU gear. Mr. Babb - Chris and Nick's dad - saw the ISU logo and sat and talked hoops with me for a half-hour. Great guy. He really liked Fred and said that the Razorbacks couldn't handle Hilton (they'd lost there earlier in the season). The food was good, too.
Nick has to be on the ISU all-underrated team.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
First it was Chris Babb, then it was Nick Babb, and now I've moved on to Mike Babb!

Reactions: STLISU and NWICY