NO FANS AT CYCLONE GAMES?

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
Even if that's the case, the time gained gives the medical community more time to develop better treatments which can save lives.

Back to flatten the curve I see. The medical community had a potentially effective treatment in the very beginning and some moved to virtually outlaw the thing. All in the name of hatred. No thanks.

FOREVERTRUE

Sep 18, 2017
I just don't get how everyone is not fully onboard with masks at this point. So easy and fairly effective at stopping the spread. I wear one on days I go into the office for 8 hours. Even that isn't that bad. There are so many styles. For quick trips into stores I will wear the behind the ears. Those hurt my ears if I wear them for a long time so when I go to the office I have a couple that go around the back of my head a little harder to get on than the ear ones but I barely notice it during the day.

Lucky you get to choose. I have to wear the behind the ears one at work. By the end of the day my ears hurt, but that doesn't change the fact that I still wear one when out.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
10,000?? Try more like 30,000 students.

There's no way there will be any fans in Jack Trice this fall besides maybe family members of players and coaches.

The chances of there even being football played at all are probably now less than 50/50. This country is just too stupid, and it's WAY too late now to do anything about it. We had a chance back in March and April, but threw it away because nobody believes in science.

We're all getting what we deserved. Actually I don't really deserve it because I've basically stayed at home this entire time, and the few times I have gone out I've worn a mask, but we're all together in this together, so as a society we've all failed.

Enrollment is going to be really interesting this year. As part of the original fall planning announcement, President Wintersteen has stated that in-person learning is going to be focused on "...courses with labs, studio sections, capstone projects and other interactive experiences..." As Freshman start to get housing assignments, I wonder how many in-person classes are actually being offered to them. I have heard that Troxel 1001, the largest lecture hall on campus and normally seats 400 students, will only be able to hold a maximum of 85 students in person if they were to adhere to the 6ft social distancing. Are intramurals or clubs even going to be able to meet? I can't imagine the number of lawsuits as new students arrive and end up having to spend most of their time in their dorm room because their classes are all online only and there's nothing else to do.

yowza

Jun 2, 2016
I just don't get how everyone is not fully onboard with masks at this point. So easy and fairly effective at stopping the spread. I wear one on days I go into the office for 8 hours. Even that isn't that bad. There are so many styles. For quick trips into stores I will wear the behind the ears. Those hurt my ears if I wear them for a long time so when I go to the office I have a couple that go around the back of my head a little harder to get on than the ear ones but I barely notice it during the day.

So even when COVID is over we should all wear one to stop regular flu? If good now why not just keep on going. Flu kills too.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Lucky you get to choose. I have to wear the behind the ears one at work. By the end of the day my ears hurt, but that doesn't change the fact that I still wear one when out.
Odd you cannot choose as my behind the head one is essentially the same thing as the behind the ear one just a different point at which it is secured. I have worn the behind the ear ones all day and it definitely sucks but if it keeps me from infecting someone I will do it.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
So even when COVID is over we should all wear one to stop regular flu? If good now why not just keep on going. Flu kills too.
The flu isn't nearly as contagious, so no. Also, I can guarantee masks will be around for quite sometime now and actually will help prevent a lot of things in the future.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Not sure what point you are trying to make but yeah probably. Especially people that know they are sick. It would probably help with preventing flu deaths. Lots of Asian countries do out of respect for others. I doubt it catches on in America but who knows.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Back to flatten the curve I see. The medical community had a potentially effective treatment in the very beginning and some moved to virtually outlaw the thing. All in the name of hatred. No thanks.

All in the name of actually wanting studies beyond just a few examples of it sort of working, and in the name of having it be dispersed in a way that it's not being hoarded away from people that actually need it.

It was PUSHED in the name of making money off it, nothing more.

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006
This is one of the best conspiracy theories I have heard yet. Hope nobody but you believes this nonsense. What a country!

CloneJD

May 14, 2020
The flu isn't nearly as contagious, so no. Also, I can guarantee masks will be around for quite sometime now and actually will help prevent a lot of things in the future.

Based on the numbers of people I see wearing masks in the middle of a pandemic I think it is safe to say wide-spread use won't be in our future.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Based on the numbers of people I see wearing masks in the middle of a pandemic I think it is safe to say wide-spread use won't be in our future.
Yeah not totally, but I do think it's going to be more popular. You'll definitely see them around more than you did before.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

When the seasonal flu kills like this and spreads like this, sure. But that's not happening.

This is what happens that helps avoid that because we 4-5 months in and people can't ******* figure it out.

I get a flu shot that helps protect against several strains of the flu as do most people I consistently am around so my chances of getting it and spreading are lessened greatly if not negated even if it's less effective than desired. Some protection is better than none.

CloneJD

May 14, 2020
I didn't expect them to kill off basketball too.

Ivy league athletes should be allowed to transfer without sitting out IMO.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron