NFL: 2020 NFL Off-season Thread

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Here is a video documenting some of the new Raider's Stadium

That does look pretty damn cool. I do wonder what the crowds will look like and if the Raiders will have a true home field advantage or if fans of the opponent will travel in droves. Vegas is a pretty appealing road trip option. Cheap and direct flights, and you could easily build a long (and admittedly, expensive) weekend around the game.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Are you sure it’s “most”? That seems high but I do know that’s been the trend.

I'd bet it's fewer than ten teams that still travel for training camp. No joint team practices this year either, which is probably for the best anyway. Too many fights.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
That does look pretty damn cool. I do wonder what the crowds will look like and if the Raiders will have a true home field advantage or if fans of the opponent will travel in droves. Vegas is a pretty appealing road trip option. Cheap and direct flights, and you could easily build a long (and admittedly, expensive) weekend around the game.
I really want to go out there during the 2021 season when ISU plays UNLV. Should make for a great road trip on the bike.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
They must be high if they think Stidham is a starting NFL QB.

I think they see some potential in him for sure, but I also don't think they brought Cam in to be in an open competition for the job with a second year guy who's taken like ten regular season snaps. If he's healthy and if he can learn the system in time (big ifs, admittedly) it's his job. Smart signing by Belichick. Minimal cost if the experiment is a failure and a home run if Newton is the guy he was a few years ago.

Help Support Us

Become a patron