Why does Shaka keep landing big time big men?

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I support whatever keeps the hype and interest around Texas in football and basketball with marginal results and ISU having the ability to beat them.

Reactions: Cytown12

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Same reason Prohm keeps getting good point guards.

In fairness, it's not as if Shaka is taking the bigs he recruits and molding and polishing them into lottery picks. These are blue chip recruits already on the NBA's radar coming out of high school.
Prohm has a pretty good history of taking overlooked and underwhelming point guard recruits and actually making them better and helping them become NBA caliber players.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis

While it hasn't lead to the wins Texas expected with the talent he brought in they are getting into the league as a high pick after a year. That is the goal, and Shaka has done that.
Plus Posts take the longest to translate to immediate production since they are usually still honing their coordination and strength not to mention dependent on guards to get them the ball.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
Texas has had quite a few big men drafted in the first round. Plus Austin is a fun town

JimDogRock

Feb 21, 2010
Cedar Falls
DcOkhSz.jpg

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
You would take a borderline 5 star recruit with two years college experience just like 98% of other college teams over X PG? HOT. TAKE.
LOL Matt Coleman would start on almost every P5 basketball team in the country. He would've been one of the most sought after transfers this year.

cykadelic2

Jun 10, 2006
LOL Matt Coleman would start on almost every P5 basketball team in the country. He would've been one of the most sought after transfers this year.
Very keen observation on your end. The point of my reply post was that Prohm's history of having good PGs is not looking good for next season.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Very keen observation on your end. The point of my reply post was that Prohm's history of having good PGs is not looking good for next season.
If we don't have a great PG, but we have a good team, I'll forgive him. I'm not going to burn him at the stake for having one below average year at PG when he's put multiple in the league in his career.

Reactions: Halincandenza

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee

Give up already.

If we are going to suck next year it is going to be because we can't play defense.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron