Blake Hinson Committed To ISU!

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
This news needed it's own thread. The Stretch PF the staff has been looking for all offseason. Huge!

@EvanDaniels Ole Miss transfer Blake Hinson just verbally committed to Iowa State, a source tells @247Sports. Plans to apply for a wavier to be eligible immediately. Averaged 10.1 PPG and 4.6 RPG this past season.

https://247sports.com/Player/Blake-Hinson-78308/high-school-204124/

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/4396963

ISU not on the BB list but gives some insight into Blake's game
https://bustingbrackets.com/2020/06...-teams-target-ole-miss-transfer-blake-hinson/

"Originally a three-star recruit, Hinson was a surprise impact player for Ole Miss as a freshman. He started all 31 games, averaging 8.3 ppg while producing a career-high 26 points against Mississippi State. His production increased to double figures this past season (10.1 ppg) while grabbing 4.6 rpg. Hinson’s shooting numbers dipped to under 40% from the field but there were many games where the forward was a leading contributor for the Rebels.

The roster for Ole Miss has undergone many changes this offseason, particularly in the frontcourt. Grad transfers Dimencio Vaughn and Romello White are arriving, along with Samford sit-out forward Robert Allen. And with top-40 guard Matthew Murrell set to join as well, the room at the small and power forward positions has become crowded. And don’t forget that K.J. Buffen, who plays a similar position as Hinson, is the preferred option at the four-spot due to his rebounding abilities.

Rather than risk fewer minutes and possibly being relegated to the bench as a junior, Hinson has elected to move on. Expect a ton of interest for him at the power conference level, as the 6’7 athlete can play and defend multiple positions on the court. If he can shoot the ball at a higher clip, Hinson can be an all-conference player at his next stop."

Last edited:

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
This news needed it's own thread. Huge!

@EvanDaniels Ole Miss transfer Blake Hinson just verbally committed to Iowa State, a source tells @247Sports. Plans to apply for a wavier to be eligible immediately. Averaged 10.1 PPG and 4.6 RPG this past season.

had we even known there was interest?

Reactions: Ellie1

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019

Thought I'd drop this in this thread as well.

As well as some of his stats below from his past two years at Ole Miss. I actually remember this guy two years ago when we played the Rebels. He went 3-8 from beyond the arc.

Kind of cool we got this guy for two years. (hopefully)

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/blake-hinson-1.html

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
Are CW getting sick and Hinson committing related at all? The answer is yes.

Last edited:
Reactions: jcyclonee

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Personally yes, immediately when I saw his name enter the portal. but I haven't seen a whisper ISU had made contact.

that’s what I meant, did we know Iowa State was involved. Fun surprise!!

Reactions: aauummm

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
we love us some @ChrisMWilliams but when he's sick or on vacation good things seem to happen. Thanks for taking it for the team on this one Chris!

Reactions: Cy4Lifer

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
Remember when we said we need at least two high level instant impact transfers? Welp, here we are. Prohm got us 3.

Honestly, this is the best realistic spring any of us could ask for..

Right now i give this transfer class a B-

if you get one of harris/hinson a waiver B+ (i'd chose Hinson if i had a choice for 1 waiver)

Hinson and Harris eligible for 2020-21 A+

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Holy mid-range jumper, Batman.
He doesn't shoot it that much it's just a focal point in the video I posted. He shoots more 3's than 2's. Career 33% 3 point shooter, however he definitely was affected by the line moving back last year. Shot 32% last year compared to 35% his freshman year.

I expect that number to be 35% or better next year for us.

Reactions: bozclone

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron