***The Da Vinci Code Mafia***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CYme

Dec 6, 2011
Pella, IA
***ANNOUNCEMENT***

Gather round, ladies and gentlemen. It’s time to throw a big wrench into the game!

So, there has been some discussion about the role of the cryptex , which was in fact found by an innocent and destroyed already. This had left the roles of certain players more or less useless. However, I now have a solution to this, which we can thank the Priory of Sion for (it was their idea).

Tomorrow morning I will be releasing a new cryptex, and this one will be indestructible. It doesn’t matter if you hit it with Thor’s hammer or the sword of Gryffindor, this baby won’t break. No matter if the player who finds this solves it or not, they must pass it each night. They cannot pass it to the player that gave it to them. You can also not pass it to someone that you can PM with (so if passed to a Priory member they can’t pass it to each other, or Remy / Teabing). If passed to mafia, Sister Sandrine will die.

Because this is potentially dangerous to the Priory, I will be rewarding their bravery with a clue tomorrow.

The cryptex has risen!

That is a very, uh, confident, move by them? I don't see the benefit here, can anyone explain? I'm not complaining, I'd like to get the cryptex, but I'm wondering about the thought process here.

bsaltyman

Drinker of beer
SuperFanatic
Sep 20, 2012
Ames, IA
I edited post #4 of this thread to include the new cryptex announcement, that way it’s easy for people to find if needed.

Colorado

Aug 29, 2008
Colorado
I’ve thought awhile about sharing this or not, but in case mafia would happen to take me out soon I figured I should get it out there so they can’t lie about it later in the game.

I received the cryptex yesterday, solved it, and then decided to destroy it. Probably should have passed it on to who I thought was inno but what’s done is done, the power got to my head.

With that being said, I’m leaning inno on North for his earlier posts on me being inno and mafia not killing me or the other person he noticed some interaction with. Could be way off but that’s what I’m going with
Can anyone deny that cyfanatic received the cryptex and is now a known inno? I believe them but wondering if anyone disagrees.

bsaltyman

Drinker of beer
SuperFanatic
Sep 20, 2012
Ames, IA
vote count?

Vote count:

7 Michael - Azhuth (9:49), Fitzy (11:41), moores (12:25), JM4CY (12:29), SCNCY (12:30), Andybernard (1:38), CYme (1:47)
3 SCNCY - CoKane (8:55), KC (10:42), DSMCY (11:04)
1 Azhuth - Vikes (7:39, rescind 10:06), mj4cy (9:17)
1 SaraV - Cleaver (10:32)
1 Vikes - Cyfan13 (8:02)
1 Cubs - MDK (11:05)
1 North - MeowingCows (3:28)

CycloneNorth

Mar 29, 2010
Nashville, TN
Yes, this is the first time I've checked in during the work day this game. Why? Because yesterday was an unannounced 2 days. How am I to know when that is going to happen? It should not happen in my opinion. People missing either the first or second day doesn't help figure things out when the whole point of the game is to interact with each other and figure out who people are. Sorry bsalty this rant isn't directed at you, but anyone who keeps calling for half days instead of being patient to give all a chance to participate? Isn't that why we sign up for the game?

Another reason I haven't checked in during the day is having a regular innocent role. I haven't been as tuned in to this game with the busy work week and try to contribute in the evening. 2 out of the 3 weekdays (not gamedays) this week had already discovered mafia, leading to runaway votes. Not much to do at that point.

Over the top defensive. Vote Michael.

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
That is a very, uh, confident, move by them? I don't see the benefit here, can anyone explain? I'm not complaining, I'd like to get the cryptex, but I'm wondering about the thought process here.
Wasn’t my idea and I wasn’t part of the discussion, but i like it. Salty made a very unique game and the cryptex was a big part of it and I kinda ruined it by destroying it so early. Not sure if it’ll give innos an advantage or disadvantage but it’ll make it more fun

Reactions: CYme

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
5 bucks says the code in the thing saltys releasing tomorrow is: Cats R My Homies.

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
Man I forgot how much time this game can take and how little of it I have these days. I'm going back to my day 1 vote and going for Michael. I've got a nice feeling about it.

Vote Michael

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
***ANNOUNCEMENT***

Gather round, ladies and gentlemen. It’s time to throw a big wrench into the game!

So, there has been some discussion about the role of the cryptex , which was in fact found by an innocent and destroyed already. This had left the roles of certain players more or less useless. However, I now have a solution to this, which we can thank the Priory of Sion for (it was their idea).

Tomorrow morning I will be releasing a new cryptex, and this one will be indestructible. It doesn’t matter if you hit it with Thor’s hammer or the sword of Gryffindor, this baby won’t break. No matter if the player who finds this solves it or not, they must pass it each night. They cannot pass it to the player that gave it to them. You can also not pass it to someone that you can PM with (so if passed to a Priory member they can’t pass it to each other, or Remy / Teabing). If passed to mafia, Sister Sandrine will die.

Because this is potentially dangerous to the Priory, I will be rewarding their bravery with a clue tomorrow.

The cryptex has risen!

Does this new cryptex contain the same information as the old cryptex?

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor
Vote count:

7 Michael - Azhuth (9:49), Fitzy (11:41), moores (12:25), JM4CY (12:29), SCNCY (12:30), Andybernard (1:38), CYme (1:47)
3 SCNCY - CoKane (8:55), KC (10:42), DSMCY (11:04)
1 Azhuth - Vikes (7:39, rescind 10:06), mj4cy (9:17)
1 SaraV - Cleaver (10:32)
1 Vikes - Cyfan13 (8:02)
1 Cubs - MDK (11:05)
1 North - MeowingCows (3:28)

Vote SCN.

See if we can get this closer between the leaders.