Justin Smith

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
tenor.gif

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
Be a great add and really make what seemed like a huge off season failure missing so many other transfers all worth it.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
26% from 3 is nothing to write home about, but at 6'7 and 230 he could probably guard multiple positions and give the lineup some length and flexibility.

TheHelgo

Mar 20, 2006
Get him and Harris to be eligible and next years team has a shot to be close to the bubble.

Close to the bubble? I may have Clone colored glasses on, but that would put us well in tourney expectations, and possibly a 7 seed or better.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Get him and Harris to be eligible and next years team has a shot to be close to the bubble.

It's still a lot of new faces and there might not be much time to get everyone on the same page, but their chances look significantly better than they did two weeks ago.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Would be interesting to see what Prohm would go with in terms of a lineup. Would you play him at the 4 and then put Johnson at the 3 and go with JCL and Bolton as the only guards. OR do you just start one of Jonson and Smith? Johnson seems like the more versatile guy in terms of both offense and defense.

Even with him the Tourney would be a surprise in my opinion. Just think of it in terms of you lose Haliburton Nixon and Jacobson and you replace those three with Harris JCL and Smith. Harris is obviously not close to Haliburton and I think the JCL and Smith replacement of the other two is a wash. You still some returnees to make big strides.

Reactions: WhoISthis

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
With him I'm confident in the competition at basically every position. I'd like him to be a wing/forward in the Burton mold, I think he could be fantastic in that role and I think it sets the team up well. I think that's a type of team Prohm knows how to use well. I think that would be a good step toward making it back to the tourney.

Reactions: Snydes and isu83