***The Ranch - Mafia***

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
What else is there to do in Iowa but go to a ballgame and spend your CycloneCash?

Pregame notes on Cy$:

"Your site is literally giving me spyware"

Sorry lol. You already mentioned this in the game; it's cool

giggle.png

I'm bored by the token suspicions of DS regarding his misread of the details. I just never found that to be interesting. On one hand it's an easy accusation to grab at, and on another it's an easy direction for culture clash to lead us with players who are bound to view that claim with doubt anyway. So whatever.

This post initially drove me to reassess Wisp. On that front, it's a good deal.

Otherwise I don't have anything to say about this post. Reads are nice. They don't make me feel much.

The fear Cy$ expressed in the larger paragraph is valid. It's the obvious hanging concern that can always be stated when a player says "protect me". It doesn't surprise me that a player from a foreign land entered a game, saw a big loud claim post right when the game started, and began thinking about possible mafia angles. This is the angle.

DS suggested the bold thing may be a perspective slip. And, eh. Could be. I don't feel that. Some people really would view that two-JOATS-for-one-mafia trade as pro-mafia (I wouldn't). I don't care about this.

I put all of these together because they reflect a single theme. When brought under pressure primarily by SPF, Cy$ repeatedly invoked my name in his responses. I don't care for it. It reads like:

Oh you doubt my reads? Well JJJ liked a thing. Didn't you, JJJ? Did you love this thing I said, JJJ? Come talk about this thing you liked about me, JJJ!

JJJ please come save me from the Big Bad SPF

It's probably my least-favorite thing about Cy$ right now. I acknowledge potential for bias given the presence of my name, so I invite other people to say what they think of that.

This extends from my GTH exercise and my claim that mafia often tend to name more players as civilians on average. Cy$ was the "worst" offender in that regard, at a 10/4 ratio. So when Wisp came later and ended up at the same ratio, we get this.

It's an implied why me? defense and rubs me wrongly. Not ideal.

Okay I did that one bad thing, but what about this guy?

I'd be less bothered if Cy$ accompanied the observation with some kind of read or conclusion. Instead though he just stuck it there blankly. Buggy.

This is extracted from the larger reads list in 582. The reads themselves tend to fall into the general consensus for the most part, with the exception of Wisp (why Cy$ suspected more than most at this point).

I highlight this final portion of the post because I don't like it. After writing a boatload about each player, his vote for Cobalt was based upon some game-external variable that cannot be reliably investigated (why did Cobalt go through a period of quiet and then appear after my exercise?). To go through that workload and then produce a vote that weak is problematic.

~~~~~

Conclusion:

I suspect Cy$ more than I did before I went through this effort. I took issue with a number of things, and it did not feel like nitpicking.
You should tell them you're going to let cats decide who gets your vote.

Reactions: VikesFan22

bsaltyman

Drinker of Ames Lager
SuperFanatic
Sep 20, 2012
Ames, IA
Ok Im just going to flip a coin for Michael. Heads is turkey and tails is fish...he gets turkey

bsaltyman

Drinker of Ames Lager
SuperFanatic
Sep 20, 2012
Ames, IA
Michael wins with the turkey & giblets! Sorry 2015 you are out. I’ll work on uploading the video...