Is there any reason to not refinance?

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Banks like a 3-4% spread so when things drop into the 2s, there isn’t much room more left. Besides, a quarter percent at those levels doesn’t move it much.

Same conclusion I came to with my 15 year 3.3 percent.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
So......do people mask and glove when doing appraisals and inspections or anything else with the houses?

I've been house hunting through this almost out of necessity. Where Im looking there will often be 15-20 offers with half over list and almost always an all cash winning bid.

The 4-5 week dip in demand may have allowed me to get a place at asking without over a dozen competitors. Been working in it for 9 months solid and hopefully it's over.

We only looked at empty units, sometimes even buzzed in electronically, wore gloves and masks (everyone here wore masks since March anyway), we already had been signing everything virtually on all the other bids we were competing for pre outbreak.

We've been able to get inspections done rather quick, appraisal was a drive by joke.

SayMyName

Jan 28, 2017
ABQ
Anyone refinanced recently? I got an option to lock in at 2.625 on a 15 and was curious if people have seen lower rates?
I'd be all over that like stink on a monkey.

Curious, what are the fees (i.e. what is the true APR) for that loan?

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
I'd be all over that like stink on a monkey.

Curious, what are the fees (i.e. what is the true APR) for that loan?
Got 2.5% for 15 year from Collins CU. Locked in early last week. About done with the process, just got the appraisal done. I had been three years in on a 30 paying extra each month. About 1500 fees etc.

Reactions: SayMyName