***Official 2019-2020 Transfer Thread***

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I'm on record thinking we won't get Turner but the back pedaling from some of our fanbase would be glorious to see

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
@JonRothstein Bowling Green grad transfer Justin Turner tells me he has cut his list to the following programs:

Missouri
Marquette
Iowa State
Bowling Green

Immediately eligible.

Which CoKane shared, but Action Network's Mike Randle's replay got my hopes up. Though I am not sure how "connected" he is to JT.

@RandleRant Smells like Iowa State

I took a bit to watch videos of the top targets yesterday and Turner was my favorite get for ISU. (fingers crossed).

I am also on the Gomez bandwagon, he may have limitations but guy that can create their own shot and hit the 3 like he has make up for any potential defense issues IMO. Plus the fun factor is something I want to spark Hilton Magic. Not to say Buggs couldn't succeed just not sure fans will be warm to his type of game after last year's Nixon experience.

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
Any potential transfer reading CF will probably choose not to commit to ISU...

Attachments

• upload_2020-4-5_13-22-50.png
    upload_2020-4-5_13-22-50.png
    922 bytes · Views: 9

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
It's not like Marquette or MU has anymore to offer than ISU. One could easily make the argument that if getting to the next level is your goal than ISU would stand out compared to others..

Land a good PG Prohm.
I'm on record thinking we won't get Turner but the back pedaling from some of our fanbase would be glorious to see

04clone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 23, 2006
It's not like Marquette or MU has anymore to offer than ISU. One could easily make the argument that if getting to the next level is your goal than ISU would stand out compared to others..

Land a good PG Prohm.

I'm guessing the sales pitches from ISU and Marquette are very similar. Marquette is saying that he could fill the shoes of Markus Howard, and with ISU, it's Haliburton. However, Prohm can point to a whole lot more players he's put in the league than Wojo.

Reactions: WalkingCY

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
I was looking at Goodman's list of Top Immediately eligible transfers. ISU is in on a number of them.

https://watchstadium.com/top-20-college-basketball-transfers-who-can-play-in-2020-21-03-24-2020/

1) Justin Turner, 6-4, 205, SG, RS Jr., Bowling Green
Stats: 18.8 ppg, 4.6 rpg
Scout’s take: “Big-time three-level scorer. Has a gift for getting places with the ball. He is really good on or off the ball. He’s one of those guys, if he gets it going, you’re in for a long night. Whichever high-major he ends up at, he will likely be their best player.”
Schools: Louisville, Marquette, Iowa State, Missouri, Arkansas, Xavier
Updated today Marguette, Iowa State, Missouri and BG.

7) Bryce Aiken, 6-0, 175, PG, Sr., Harvard
Stats: 16.7 ppg (7 games)
Scout’s take: “Dynamic scoring and playmaking guard. Uniquely gifted in his ability to create offense. Elite ball-skills and scoring package around the rim. High percentage shooter with limitless range — off bounce or catch. Extremely confident. Improved defender, especially on the ball. Undersized but makes up for it with his effort and toughness.”
Schools: Maryland, Michigan, Seton Hall, Iowa State

14) Terrell Gomez, 5-8, 165, G, Grad, Cal State Northridge
Stats: 19.8 ppg
Scout’s take: “He has unlimited range, doesn’t hunt shots and plays with toughness and confidence. He’s not a primary ball handler, but can initiate offense with him and then run him off screens. Doesn’t get rattled.”
Schools: Arkansas, Iowa State, San Diego State, Washington State

17) Darius Perry, 6-2, 195, PG, Jr., Louisville
Stats: 5.2 ppg, 2.5 apg
Scout’s take: “Good quickness, doesn’t play vertically, but has speed. Better shooter than people realize. More of a 2 than a 1, goes through stretches where he makes poor decisions with the ball — especially against pressure. Would be best in an up-and-down situation. Can be a double-figure scorer in the right high-major situation if he plays a lot and is allowed to rip it on both ends.”
Schools: Alabama, Arizona State, Gonzaga, Iona, Iowa State, Marquette, Oklahoma, Ole Miss, Oregon, San Diego State, Seton Hall, Texas, Wichita State

19) Drew Buggs, 6-3, 195, G, Grad, Hawaii
2019-20 stats: 9.4 ppg, 5.4 apg, 4.5 rpg
Scout’s take: “The consummate competitor and leader. Really understands his abilities and plays to them. His greatest strength is his ability to be a floor general and set his teammates up. Plays with great pace and rhythm, great court vision and ability to pass. Weakness is his shooting ability.”
Schools: San Diego State, Gonzaga, Arkansas, Xavier, Iowa State, Utah State, Fresno State, UTEP, Colorado State, Northwestern

32) Devin Gage, 6-2, 190, SG, RS Jr., DePaul
Stats: 9.1 ppg, 3.0 rpg, 3.9 apg (2018-19)
Scout’s take: “Big, strong and physical guard who can really defend on the ball. Can get downhill in the paint. Needs to improve his perimeter shot.”
Schools: Pacific, Oregon State, Cal, Minnesota, Radford, Milwaukee, San Diego, Iowa State

Reactions: Cyclonepride

CascadiaClone

FKA BoredInKildee
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 26, 2012
Portland, Ore
I was looking at Goodman's list of Top Immediately eligible transfers. ISU is in on a number of them.

https://watchstadium.com/top-20-college-basketball-transfers-who-can-play-in-2020-21-03-24-2020/

1) Justin Turner, 6-4, 205, SG, RS Jr., Bowling Green
Stats: 18.8 ppg, 4.6 rpg
Scout’s take: “Big-time three-level scorer. Has a gift for getting places with the ball. He is really good on or off the ball. He’s one of those guys, if he gets it going, you’re in for a long night. Whichever high-major he ends up at, he will likely be their best player.”
Schools: Louisville, Marquette, Iowa State, Missouri, Arkansas, Xavier
Updated today Marguette, Iowa State, Missouri and BG.

7) Bryce Aiken, 6-0, 175, PG, Sr., Harvard
Stats: 16.7 ppg (7 games)
Scout’s take: “Dynamic scoring and playmaking guard. Uniquely gifted in his ability to create offense. Elite ball-skills and scoring package around the rim. High percentage shooter with limitless range — off bounce or catch. Extremely confident. Improved defender, especially on the ball. Undersized but makes up for it with his effort and toughness.”
Schools: Maryland, Michigan, Seton Hall, Iowa State

14) Terrell Gomez, 5-8, 165, G, Grad, Cal State Northridge
Stats: 19.8 ppg
Scout’s take: “He has unlimited range, doesn’t hunt shots and plays with toughness and confidence. He’s not a primary ball handler, but can initiate offense with him and then run him off screens. Doesn’t get rattled.”
Schools: Arkansas, Iowa State, San Diego State, Washington State

17) Darius Perry, 6-2, 195, PG, Jr., Louisville
Stats: 5.2 ppg, 2.5 apg
Scout’s take: “Good quickness, doesn’t play vertically, but has speed. Better shooter than people realize. More of a 2 than a 1, goes through stretches where he makes poor decisions with the ball — especially against pressure. Would be best in an up-and-down situation. Can be a double-figure scorer in the right high-major situation if he plays a lot and is allowed to rip it on both ends.”
Schools: Alabama, Arizona State, Gonzaga, Iona, Iowa State, Marquette, Oklahoma, Ole Miss, Oregon, San Diego State, Seton Hall, Texas, Wichita State

19) Drew Buggs, 6-3, 195, G, Grad, Hawaii
2019-20 stats: 9.4 ppg, 5.4 apg, 4.5 rpg
Scout’s take: “The consummate competitor and leader. Really understands his abilities and plays to them. His greatest strength is his ability to be a floor general and set his teammates up. Plays with great pace and rhythm, great court vision and ability to pass. Weakness is his shooting ability.”
Schools: San Diego State, Gonzaga, Arkansas, Xavier, Iowa State, Utah State, Fresno State, UTEP, Colorado State, Northwestern

32) Devin Gage, 6-2, 190, SG, RS Jr., DePaul
Stats: 9.1 ppg, 3.0 rpg, 3.9 apg (2018-19)
Scout’s take: “Big, strong and physical guard who can really defend on the ball. Can get downhill in the paint. Needs to improve his perimeter shot.”
Schools: Pacific, Oregon State, Cal, Minnesota, Radford, Milwaukee, San Diego, Iowa State
Is Devin Gage a new name? Don’t recall hearing us associated with him.