Coronavirus Coronavirus: In-Iowa General Discussion (Not Limited)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Please respond to the following statement with "yes" or "no":

It shouldn't be controversial to expect someone with no medical knowledge whatsoever to listen to their own boards of medical professionals.
Do you honestly think she is not getting advice from anyone in the department of public health or other epidemiological experts? Furthermore, do you have any idea what the board of medicine actually does and if anyone who sits on the board is an expert in epidemiology?

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
Nebraska Gov is taking his information from the Nebraska Medical Center Infectious Disease Center...the folks that do the Ebola testing and treatments, among other diseases. But, numbers are slowly going up in Nebraska too...way too many people at stores with whole families...like it is a vacation. The Dollar Tree is absolutely packed.

ClonesTwenty1

May 23, 2018
Nebraska Gov is taking his information from the Nebraska Medical Center Infectious Disease Center...the folks that do the Ebola testing and treatments, among other diseases. But, numbers are slowly going up in Nebraska too...way too many people at stores with whole families...like it is a vacation. The Dollar Tree is absolutely packed.
Just got back from Walmart. I about had an anxiety attack in there. This **** is getting crazy.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
But is that a repair shop or a dealership? I have been many to dealerships getting work warranty work done on my vehicles, and most of the waiting rooms are right by the new vehicle area.

This idea that they need to be selling new vehicles just shows how silly the current way that we are doing thinks is crazy. Reynolds is trying to have the best of both side, hoping to not piss off business by closing them down.

GM Dealership.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
So our state is nearly the only state whose high-level medical personnel are advising against this? Wow, we must really know something they (and Fauci) don't!

Surely it's no coincidence that the other 8 or so states out of the norm are all of the same political party as the President, and keep referencing lack of hard federal orders as their reasoning for lesser actions... but I suppose that's "too political" to discuss here as a reality, so I'll leave it at that.

Here's a question then. Dr Fauci says we should wear a mask when we are out of our house. I have never seen him wear one in a press conference. Why is he telling us to do things he is not doing?

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
Here's a question then. Dr Fauci says we should wear a mask when we are out of our house. I have never seen him wear one in a press conference. Why is he telling us to do things he is not doing?
Probably the guy in charge of him telling him not to. Just like how he keeps gathering them up in groups of greater than 10 and within 6 feet for pressers, too, which other nations are not doing.

But it's okay, it won't hurt us and it'll never come here. We can trust the non-professional opinions 2 months ago, and can still do so now.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Probably the guy in charge of him telling him not to. Just like how he keeps gathering them up in groups of greater than 10 and within 6 feet for pressers, too, which other nations are not doing.

But it's okay, it won't hurt us and it'll never come here. We can trust the non-professional opinions 2 months ago, and can still do so now.

So Fauci does everything Trump tells him to?

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
So........if he's listening at all to Trump, that means we really don't know amount we should listen to or not? Even if he is only puppeting 10%, that means we need to figure out what 10% we should ignore. This is getting tough. I just figured he was just giving us the low down at all times.

Anything I've seen is Fauci trying to inform and be realistic, and then someone steps in and pushes for drugs that aren't proven to cure it, which also takes away from people with autoimmune disorders that truly need it.

There was a chart a few nights ago about flattening the curve, which should have been done a month ago, and it looked like something out of a bad business meeting.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Indeed. Haven't set foot in one since this all started. Fareway and HyVee aren't awesome, but they're certainly better.
Went to north Fareway in Ames around this time a couple of weeks ago and it was good. Last week went earlier in the afternoon and still fine. The carryout person said it varies - sometimes there are quite a few people there, other times it was empty. I didn't go today.

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort
Self-employed, I'd sign up.

I signed my step-daughter up since all her modeling gigs are on hold. I figure she at least qualifies for the $600 per week as a independent contractor model.

I completely understand.

I had to take a break from my independent husky contract modeling career.

Status
Not open for further replies.