***Official 2019-2020 Transfer Thread***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Bryce Aiken, arguably the nation’s top transfer, has cut his list of schools to Iowa State, Maryland, Michigan and Seton Hall, he tells @247Sports. Aiken went in-depth on his finalists and the recruiting process

Here's an article from Evan Daniels with Bryce discussing the programs involved.
"What sticks out about his four finalist? Aiken broke them down:

Iowa State: “I’ve definitely been able to develop a strong relationship coach Steve Prohm throughout this process so far. The most intriguing aspect that comes to mind in his belief in my ability along with the potential of helping them return back to where they were prior to this season. He told me they won the Big 12 Tournament last year, and his belief in my ability and helping me get to the next level is an intriguing situation."

Maryland: "Maryland is interesting because I’ve always had a relationship with coach [Mark] Turgeon and coach Bino [Ranson] since high school. I was able to visit my Junior Year and experience their March Madness as a potential recruit. I’ve had the opportunity of being on their campus and seeing what College Park has to offer firsthand. Even though they lose Jalen Smith and Anthony Cowan, I think they’ll be a super talented team. They aren’t in the way too early preseason top 25, but I believe they have more than enough talent to get back to those ranks. Being able to replace Anthony Cowan is a terrific situation that I am considering in the decision-making process. If you are available to evaluate coach Turgeon’s traffic record with his guard, it’s evident that he’s done a terrific job coaching them and allowing them to thrive in his program."

Michigan: "I think playing for Juwan Howard would be awesome. He has the NBA experience that I would relish in learning from. I was able to watch them play on TV a few times this past season and it looks like his team has a ton of fun out there. That’s one of the biggest things that has stuck out to me. I believe he’s another terrific coach and speaking with him on the phone only reassures me of his belief in my ability to help them win. They’ll be another top 10 team and going into that situation - being able to lead those guys and represent the University of Michigan would be incredible."

Seton Hall: "I feel like Seton Hall is building a special program. Everyone has to respect coach [Kevin] Willard, seeing the success he’s had not only with his players but also the overall program over the past four or five years beginning with Isaiah Whitehead. I never want to discount anyone prior to him playing there, but in my own experience of knowing Seton Hall hall, Whitehead was able to thrive in that system and and bring that national spotlight to the SHU Basketball. Then Myles Powell took them to a higher status within the college realm and that something you have to take into account. Coach Willard has a tremendous belief in his players. I’ve being able to rely on the relationship that I’ve had with him since my freshman year of high school and have enjoyed reconnecting with him."
https://247sports.com/college/baske...ryland-Michigan-Seton-Hall-Harvard-145618674/

CascadiaClone

FKA BoredInKildee
Sep 26, 2012
Portland, Ore
Could Carton and Aiken coexist? Both are true PGs if i’m not mistaken.

I’m trying to temper expectations here but there isn’t a whole lot else to be excited about right now.

Carton, Aiken, Gomez. Maybe a sit out. Watch out.

daniel22

Mar 4, 2011
The person who posted its down to Iowa State and Louisville per his sources? I asked someone who knows Iowa recruiting about Carton and Iowa State and he said he wasn’t going there and that was pretty soon after he announced his decision to transfer. Also, not sure Bain covers recruiting as well as people with 247 or Rivals.

All I know is we need to get 1/2 rides sealed up soon by some players that are difference makers

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008
Aiken and Carton would be a grand slam for Prohm this transfer season. Would give the fans a lot to be excited about for next year.

Reactions: JBone84

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Could Carton and Aiken coexist? Both are true PGs if i’m not mistaken.

I’m trying to temper expectations here but there isn’t a whole lot else to be excited about right now.

Carton, Aiken, Gomez. Maybe a sit out. Watch out.
Isn’t Aiken a 1 and done grad transfer? Or, did I misread that? Assuming Carton isn’t granted immediate eligibility, they wouldn’t ever play together.

WIB

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 2, 2010
Ames
The person who posted its down to Iowa State and Louisville per his sources? I asked someone who knows Iowa recruiting about Carton and Iowa State and he said he wasn’t going there and that was pretty soon after he announced his decision to transfer. Also, not sure Bain covers recruiting as well as people with 247 or Rivals.

All I know is we need to get 1/2 rides sealed up soon by some players that are difference makers

I said low level sources... but yeah that was a long time ago. A lot has changed I think.

CascadiaClone

FKA BoredInKildee
Sep 26, 2012
Portland, Ore
Isn’t Aiken a 1 and done grad transfer? Or, did I misread that? Assuming Carton isn’t granted immediate eligibility, they wouldn’t ever play together.
I think that most believe he would be granted immediate eligibility given his situation. Would make him the best immediately eligible player on the market IMO.

CyPunch

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 3, 2019
Sandy Springs, GA
Cool to make the final 4 but Aiken sounds like Maryland or Seton Hall.

Hopefully we can pull Carton, another immediately eligible guard/wing, and one of our top sit out options.

allfourcy

Apr 26, 2012

I apologize in advance but would like clarification in the wording of your post ...are you saying this source said he wasn’t going there, meaning Iowa State or Iowa?

daniel22

Mar 4, 2011
I apologize in advance but would like clarification in the wording of your post ...are you saying this source said he wasn’t going there, meaning Iowa State or Iowa?
Just mentioned not probably landing at Iowa state and Iowa didn’t seem like a fit

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Cool to make the final 4 but Aiken sounds like Maryland or Seton Hall.

Hopefully we can pull Carton, another immediately eligible guard/wing, and one of our top sit out options.

I thought it sounded like Michigan and playing for Howard sounded like the leader.