*** Coronavirus Mafia ***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor
Traditionally moores would have been in a lot of heat today, so that's an odd mafia hit. Makes me think the lone mafia left is/was someone inexperienced...

Either that or someone who's a pro and doing it to mess with us.

This is a really weird game in that there was only one mafia member yesterday (not counting AC). They could hit basically anyone, and opted not to try and take out a more experienced player.

Now, there should be 2 known mafia members, assuming a successful infection by the mafia last night. And that means the AC will come into play today.

Should we do our social distancing, have single votes for everyone, and let the randomizer decide?

Reactions: moores2

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
The worst part of this all is that yesterday happened to 2015 while he was feeling sick.

We could have had a great drunken rant if he was under quarantine and healthy.

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines

This is a really weird game in that there was only one mafia member yesterday (not counting AC). They could hit basically anyone, and opted not to try and take out a more experienced player.

Now, there should be 2 known mafia members, assuming a successful infection by the mafia last night. And that means the AC will come into play today.

Should we do our social distancing, have single votes for everyone, and let the randomizer decide?

I think it is still the 1. Mafia can only infect every other night.

andybernard

Oct 22, 2009

I've had enough with social distancing. I don't need it on here as well. Plus, that gives @cyfanatic13 more power.

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
And night 1 was unsuccessful, so night 2 they could infect again. Unless you are the remaining mafia and didn't understand that so you know there is only 1...
I'm not, but I feel dumb for not reading one more line down.
Hard keeping up on these rules.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
giphy.gif

You guys are the stupidest people in the world for going after a "we vs the innocents" theory.

I haven't played in 2 years and 2 times in a row I get ganged up on in the 2nd day over nonsense. Thank god I was a special in the last game or else this would be twice in a row on day 2.

Hope mafia wins at this point.

Besides that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

VikesFan22

Nov 9, 2011
Ames, IA
Methinks a noob is mafia. Yes, a vet could have done it to throw us, the innocents, off. But I think they would have rather gone after another vet or someone they thought could be a special.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I think it is still the 1. Mafia can only infect every other night.

And night 1 was unsuccessful, so night 2 they could infect again. Unless you are the remaining mafia and didn't understand that so you know there is only 1...

I'm not, but I feel dumb for not reading one more line down.
Hard keeping up on these rules.

I'm right there with you, DSM - I agreed with your first post, but then I went back and reread. I keep conflating the AC infection rules with the mafia infection rules. :oops:

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Wondering if we need to move this to gaming/hobbies thread?