Recruiting updates?

daniel22

Mar 4, 2011
It appears that we are involved with a lot of guys this Spring to fill our four scholarships. I was wondering if anyone CW knew if we had some guys who were on the verge of committing or were likely going to commit. Knowing this is a big offseason it would be nice to see one or two rides gets spoken for soon before we are left with scraps.

ClonesFTW

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
Waukee
At this point I’m just begging for our first transfer to commit so we have something to talk about.

daniel22

Mar 4, 2011
You and me both. I am desperate for sports they I watched my friend play Madden for an hour lol

I know we are interested in a number of guys and Alan Griffin, who would be s real benefit to us. My fear is we get into a jam by getting leftovers like we did with Brase, Beverly and don’t get enough talent to move us in the right direction. If we get a 4 year kid, then he better be worth keeping in developing. Can’t waste any more scholarships on guys who eat up scholarships who can’t produce or leave before they are expected to

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
At this point I’m just begging for our first transfer to commit so we have something to talk about.

True. While some players have done it, it has to be hard for them to commit without a campus visit, meeting their potential new teammates, etc.
I mean you can only sell the idea of good water in Ames so long.

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
Prohm needs to land at least one big splash transfer or else this thing could really get off the rails even worse than it is

daniel22

Mar 4, 2011
Yes, need to focus on any players that you had relationships with before or relationships with their coaches and try to get those guys since it’s a little more of a risk to try and get someone who are recruiting for the first time.

I keep hearing Carton wants to be close to home, but Iowa is deep at that position and doesn’t have room. If that’s the case, Iowa State, UNI, Bradley, Illinois and Marquette make sense. However, I heard Creighton initially was picking up steam, but it’s not that close to home.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Any news to confirm? I wish we got more inside information regarding recruiting on this site like we did in the past.

The Prohm regime seems not to leak much.

The Hoiberg regime blabbed about everything.

baagoe

Mar 27, 2015
I'm guessing we're sitting decent with Barry, Perry, Ellis, Aiken and Buggs. Just a guess
have we been connected to Buggs yet? Obviously the link with his dad is there but I haven’t seen anything actually connecting ISU to him yet

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
Barry would be an awesome compliment to our green freshman PG's in the 2020 class. Let them get in the weight room and slowly get into the Big12 style of play.

I'd love a couple red shirts but Prohm doesn't seem to know what that concept is

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
Barry would be an awesome compliment to our green freshman PG's in the 2020 class. Let them get in the weight room and slowly get into the Big12 style of play.

I'd love a couple red shirts but Prohm doesn't seem to know what that concept is

You don’t realize this is basketball, not football.