Darlinstone Dubar

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

WIB

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 2, 2010
Ames
Fosters high school team won 10 games this season in 3A in Iowa.... I’m not expecting much this season.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Fosters high school team won 10 games this season in 3A in Iowa.... I’m not expecting much this season.

There are reasons to have low expectations for Foster, but basing it off what his high school team did is not one of them.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
George and Xavier are the next best thing to identical players.

I thought that also at first. Xavier is more of an outside player with a little inside ability. George’s is the exact opposite. I also think Xavier has higher upside and more talent

str8cashhomie

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 15, 2014

It's from a while ago, but the seemingly steep improvement curve and other highlights I've seen remind me or give me hope for Dubar as a Jarrett Culver kind of guy. Who knows if he's as much of a grinder in the gym as Culver is/was, but a big framed bruiser of a guard, tools to be a great defender, and maybe a bit of a clunky jumpshot that he makes work.

I think he has the physical tools to help right away, and then who knows if he takes the next leap.

Last edited:

WIB

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 2, 2010
Ames
There are reasons to have low expectations for Foster, but basing it off what his high school team did is not one of them.

If you are a 7 foot 4 star prospect in Iowa your team should be competing for the state title.... they won 10 games in 3A! Cmon now

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
If you are a 7 foot 4 star prospect in Iowa your team should be competing for the state title.... they won 10 games in 3A! Cmon now

Most people would look at what type of player Foster is and what level of talent he had around him. Some of us knew Osky would be dog **** this year after they won the title last year.

omar34

Mar 8, 2017
Can't do it by himself, had won the championship as a junior but had alot better team around him!

omar34

Mar 8, 2017
Dubar's uptick in scoring has been a welcome sight this past year. I still think physically, Dudley Blackwell is the most ready to step in next year. Also, Xavier is behind Solo and George. I hope all push for minutes if they are good enough though, obviously.
It depends on Prohm he doesn't like to start his best players! Wigginton should have started once he was healthy and never did! WHY? More than meets the eye, I think it had something to do with THT not sure if he promised that he would start from day one in order for him to come to ISU? Wigginton also got hurt and was the odd man out!

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
Well said.

High school centers are marginalized. Hell, centers in general are no longer going to carry a team in most cases. It’s a guards game!

Foster will develop into a great piece to have, and a great fit for Prohm’s offense. Some hate this comparison, but I think he can play a JVB role as an underclassman. Hit outside shots as the 5, with some shot blocking length. He’s not going to be ready to bang or defend 4s on the perimeter, but he’ll be an asset.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I wish that theory would have translated to college basketball when we had 5 star Craig Brackins.

Reactions: CyTwins and DrClone

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
Two players “left” before the first game because we had two better options ready to commit and needed scholarships. Are you still going to be mad about them leaving if Foster or Dubar turn out to be good?

They were huge misses. That recruiting class was a disaster. Hope this bunch is much better. They should be.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
It depends on Prohm he doesn't like to start his best players! Wigginton should have started once he was healthy and never did! WHY? More than meets the eye, I think it had something to do with THT not sure if he promised that he would start from day one in order for him to come to ISU? Wigginton also got hurt and was the odd man out!

Lol what? Who should Wigginton started over? Haliburton who’s a lottery pick? Shayok who’s in the NBA? THT who was drafted after his rookie year? Wigginton entered the season as a starter and got hurt. He didn’t win the job back because we were undefeated when he came back.

Reactions: hlb76

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Lol what? Who should Wigginton started over? Haliburton who’s a lottery pick? Shayok who’s in the NBA? THT who was drafted after his rookie year? Wigginton entered the season as a starter and got hurt. He didn’t win the job back because we were undefeated when he came back.

"Odd man out" who played more minutes in the Big 12 than Horton-Tucker.

How do some people manage to breathe...?

Basketball allows for substitutions. Not being a starter doesn't mean you're benched.

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
Weiler-Babb- easily. Never thought he was starter quality or deserved 35+ minutes per game. Wigginton always got roasted for his defense but if anybody ever watched the games, they’d know NWB’s guy never struggled to score. Haliburton-Wigginton-Shayok-THT should have started. We also weren’t undefeated when he came back. We had lost to Arizona and Iowa at that point.

Last edited:

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA
Wigginton was orignially supposed to be the 1 before his injury, and Haliburton was supposed to redshirt.

OnlyCyclones

Feb 27, 2017
Weiler-Babb- easily. Never thought he was starter quality or deserved 35+ minutes per game. Wigginton always got roasted for his defense but if anybody ever watched the games, they’d know NWB’s guy never struggled to score. Haliburton-Wigginton-Shayok-THT should have started. We also weren’t undefeated when he came back. We had lost to Arizona and Iowa at that point.
If anybody ever watched the games... Lol. If Nick Weiler-Babb was getting beat more than most, it's because he always had the toughest assignment, and played fatigue inducing minutes since he was the only true point guard who wasn't a twiggy true freshman... Wigginton was not point guard in reality, and point guard is a huge load to shoulder on a true freshman, even one like Haliburton. Wigginton was not good enough to force someone other than NWB to run the offense. I wish we had a ready fill-in NWB, because his body really needed it.

Edit: pardon me, he shared the toughest assignments with Shayok. Point still stands.

Reactions: Sigmapolis