Hilton Renovations still on?

Cyclone90

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 29, 2007
I haven't heard much about the Hilton renovations lately. Last I heard was that it was going up in the April Board of Regents meeting for final approval. I really hope this gets approved and is desperately needed.

I went to several Creighton games this year, and while the CHI Health Center is a different class facility than Hilton, the fan experience is much better. At CHI fans typically watch the entire half, not bailing to get concessions or use the bathroom during the action because they know it will be too busy. They mingle, have a beer, buy concessions and catch up during halftime. The Hilton concourse is really a cluster during packed games.

Expand Hilton's concourse and you would have the potential for a similar fan experience. It's time to turn on beer sales too, for the $$ and fans. I'm not aware of a basketball facility where it's been a failure.

Reactions: Haverhill

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Honestly... that's a good question, and probably depends on the revenue sources they planned for this.

With an impending recession some revenue streams could dry up here pretty quick.

• Agree
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA
They’ll be replacing the roof on the building this summer, but as far as the concourse project, I’ve heard rumors that they won’t start until next year.

Pat

Oct 20, 2011
I haven't heard much about the Hilton renovations lately. Last I heard was that it was going up in the April Board of Regents meeting for final approval. I really hope this gets approved and is desperately needed.

I went to several Creighton games this year, and while the CHI Health Center is a different class facility than Hilton, the fan experience is much better. At CHI fans typically watch the entire half, not bailing to get concessions or use the bathroom during the action because they know it will be too busy. They mingle, have a beer, buy concessions and catch up during halftime. The Hilton concourse is really a cluster during packed games.

Expand Hilton's concourse and you would have the potential for a similar fan experience. It's time to turn on beer sales too, for the $$ and fans. I'm not aware of a basketball facility where it's been a failure.

If even possible, it’s going to take decades to eliminate the “leave at the 4 minute timeout” tradition.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
If even possible, it’s going to take decades to eliminate the “leave at the 4 minute timeout” tradition.

That's never going to happen. The only question is what percent are leaving closer the game the smaller the % but there is always some leaving.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Honestly... that's a good question, and probably depends on the revenue sources they planned for this.

With an impending recession some revenue streams could dry up here pretty quick.

Lot of stuff going to have to reassessed as to priority.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Dow just went below 20,000 put off remodeling the garage.

cyclone87

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 6, 2011
Ames, IA
It does appear from the latest BOR documents that they cut out the new concession areas that would have been moved to the outside of the concourse. That is a bit of a bummer as it would have allowed them to actually grill food items on site and improve the overall concessions. Maybe they can do it as a later phase though.

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
It does appear from the latest BOR documents that they cut out the new concession areas that would have been moved to the outside of the concourse. That is a bit of a bummer as it would have allowed them to actually grill food items on site and improve the overall concessions. Maybe they can do it as a later phase though.

I'm kinda shocked by this. Food and beverage options really are lacking in Hilton

Haverhill

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 4, 2009
Ames
www.twitter.com
I love the CHI Health Center. The live music in the lobbies and probably 30 different concession choices. Oh, did I forget... BEER.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron