Farmland

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
I think a bit of that has to do with current coronavirus issues. I also tend to think farmers are not in a great place with tariffs etc....

Agree, economic factors are not trending the right way. But what surprised me is that there were no neighboring farmers, who do have the capital, didn't even through in a low ball offer.

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
Were there minimum bids needed for those auctions? This could be a factor. I'm just trying to relate this to stuff I know happens in other parts of business as I am NO farm expert. The neighbors could have had an idea to deploy their capital someplace else.

If possible, I'd hold off for a year or year and a half. I just think there will be a lot more clarity across the board at that time. People like clarity, especially when it comes to their pocketbook. :)

dafarmer

Mar 17, 2012
SW Iowa
Who's the attorney, Dewey, Cheatem, and Howe? Last farm ground that sold( wet and no place to tile to) brought $6,400/acre. Cut up farm around an airport. Brought $1000 more than appraised for.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Who's the attorney, Dewey, Cheatem, and Howe? Last farm ground that sold( wet and no place to tile to) brought $6,400/acre. Cut up farm around an airport. Brought $1000 more than appraised for.

No, different firm. Both farms he was referring to were good ground with farms in that same area selling for $11,000-12,000 in the last year.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron