Xavier Foster Committed To Iowa State

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Do people on here realize you can vape THC Cartriges?
giphy.gif

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I'm not sure some others are.
I think people understand that you can vape THC, rather I don't think anyone cares to bring it up because it's stupid to even bring up. Foster wasn't smoking weed in the high school boys bathroom. He was probably hitting a vape, something that although is stupid, it's incredibly popular among high school and college students. No one should worry or even give a crap that he did that.

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
I think people understand that you can vape THC, rather I don't think anyone cares to bring it up because it's stupid to even bring up. Foster wasn't smoking weed in the high school boys bathroom. He was probably hitting a vape, something that although is stupid, it's incredibly popular among high school and college students. No one should worry or even give a crap that he did that.
If he was smoking weed, I still wouldn't care.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
If he was smoking weed, I still wouldn't care.
Yeah I mean I'd look at it slightly differently than simply vaping nicotine. I'd care more that he was doing it in school than anything. Like, if you're going to do that, just do it literally anywhere else lol. But yeah, the stigma surrounding weed has changed. It's not even going to be tested in the NFL anymore.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Yeah I mean I'd look at it slightly differently than simply vaping nicotine. I'd care more that he was doing it in school than anything. Like, if you're going to do that, just do it literally anywhere else lol. But yeah, the stigma surrounding weed has changed. It's not even going to be tested in the NFL anymore.
Hadn't heard this but that is very encouraging for the future.

adjl

Jun 13, 2019
And that’s my point. Everyone is watching you. Don’t do it at school. With a future in the NBA, I’d prefer he not do it at all, but I’m a grumpy old man I guess. I just don’t want him to be so openly dumb when he gets here. Although I know many players get away with worse, I just prefer he stay out of trouble and dominate. We need him.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Hadn't heard this but that is very encouraging for the future.
I shouldn't say that as it's a 100% fact, but I believe this was in the new CBA for the NFL and a lot of teams would like that to pass.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
And that’s my point. Everyone is watching you. Don’t do it at school. With a future in the NBA, I’d prefer he not do it at all, but I’m a grumpy old man I guess. I just don’t want him to be so openly dumb when he gets here. Although I know many players get away with worse, I just prefer he stay out of trouble and dominate. We need him.
I would just try not to let yourself read into more than it really is.. a kid hitting a vape. He wasn't out drinking (which also wouldn't be a big deal), he didn't get a DUI, or get caught with drugs in his car, or anything along those lines. Law enforcement was not involved in any way. It'd be no different than him throwing in a dip, but "vaping" has more of a negative conation than dipping these days.

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
As far as the people that are questioning Xavier because he is outside on the perimeter a lot and not inside dunking on 6’2 guys, I do think people aren’t taking into account that he had mono midseason. When you have mono, even when you get back to playing, you are a million miles from 100%. Stamina, strength, and explosiveness all take a considerable hit for what seems like forever. I think a lot of what people are attributing to Xavier being lazy is that.

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
As far as the people that are questioning Xavier because he is outside on the perimeter a lot and not inside dunking on 6’2 guys, I do think people aren’t taking into account that he had mono midseason. When you have mono, even when you get back to playing, you are a million miles from 100%. Stamina, strength, and explosiveness all take a considerable hit for what seems like forever. I think a lot of what people are attributing to Xavier being lazy is that.
It's an incredibly stupid narrative people are pushing. If Xavier were dunking on these kids (which he did a ton so I don't understand where this all came from), then people would say "Well what else can he do? Those kids are 6"2" white kids from Iowa playing 3A basketball."

adjl

Jun 13, 2019
He never had mono. He attended every game in street clothes that he wasn't playing in. Mono was the "excuse".