Vikings fans...

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
I know he keeps rising, but I see him as a guy who could slide in the draft. I'd love if the vikes could take a flyer on Jordan Love if he is there in the 3rd or 4th.
Love will go mid-2nd round at the latest. I have the Vikings taking him in the 1st round. I know his states weren't great this year, but scouts love him. The Vikes have needs ahead of QB, but I think they will take Love is still available late 1st round. I originally had them taking Gordon in rd 4, which would be a great pick as well. Brady White from Memphis is not in this upcoming draft. If the Vikings don't draft a QB this year, I hope they get White in round 2 or 3 next year.

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
It would be a classic Zimmer move to further neuter the offense for the sake of his defense.
I love Diggs but you could tell he was unhappy last year. I wouldn't be surprised if he demanded a trade. The good thing is that Minnesota would probably get a 1st rounder for him. The bad news is that Spielman strikes out half of the time with his 1st round picks.

I could see the Raiders trading pick #19 for Diggs. They would be a really fun team to watch if they had Diggs as their #1 WR.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
I love Diggs but you could tell he was unhappy last year. I wouldn't be surprised if he demanded a trade. The good thing is that Minnesota would probably get a 1st rounder for him. The bad news is that Spielman strikes out half of the time with his 1st round picks.

I could see the Raiders trading pick #19 for Diggs. They would be a really fun team to watch if they had Diggs as their #1 WR.

I don't know if they'd get a first rounder for him. It's a crappy WR free agency class this year (the best options if they don't get tagged will be Amari Cooper and A.J. Green, and I think both will either get a new deal or the tag) but the draft group is crazy deep. Tough to justify trading a first rounder when the draft class is as good as it is.

I guess it just depends on how desperate a team is to land a #1 receiver.

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
I would be very surprised if they don't get a 1st round pick for him. Oakland has two first rounders so I think they will give up the #19 overall pick for a #1 WR. With Diggs, Williams, Renfro, Jacobs and Waller, they would have a pretty solid offense.

And with an extra 1st round pick I could see Minnesota drafting a QB to sit behind Cousins for a year. I'm really hoping they can get that offensive tackle from Louisville (Becton) in the 1st round as well. He reminds me of Phil Loadholt. Put him at RT and move O'Neill over to LT and that would make the o-line a whole lot better.

• Agree
Reactions: CTTB78

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
I would be very surprised if they don't get a 1st round pick for him. Oakland has two first rounders so I think they will give up the #19 overall pick for a #1 WR. With Diggs, Williams, Renfro, Jacobs and Waller, they would have a pretty solid offense.

And with an extra 1st round pick I could see Minnesota drafting a QB to sit behind Cousins for a year. I'm really hoping they can get that offensive tackle from Louisville (Becton) in the 1st round as well. He reminds me of Phil Loadholt. Put him at RT and move O'Neill over to LT and that would make the o-line a whole lot better.

Antonio Brown was traded for a 3rd and 5th rounder - Spielman will get laughed at if he asks for a 1st or even a 2nd round pick. I think a 3rd round pick is the best they can hope for and maybe squeeze a 6th/7th out of the team they are trading with.

• Disagree
Reactions: demoncore1031

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Antonio Brown was traded for a 3rd and 5th rounder - Spielman will get laughed at if he asks for a 1st or even a 2nd round pick. I think a 3rd round pick is the best they can hope for and maybe squeeze a 6th/7th out of the team they are trading with.
I don't think they're going to trade him. He would represent $9 million in dead money if they got rid of him and only free up $5 million in cap space. That wouldn't make a lot of sense.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Griffen voids his contract. Glad this happened. Immediately gets Minnesota under the cap. Hopefully he'll re-sign, but if he doesn't it's been a great run with him.

Agree. Griffen's past comments about how he appreciated the Vikings help with his struggles two years ago gives me hope that he will give the Vikes the 'hometown discount' and return.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines

It's a little different. AB is a headcase and the word was out that he was a diva and difficult to work with. The Raiders got him at a discount. If he hadn't spiraled out of control after the trade and had actually been productive it would have been a bargain for Gruden.
Diggs has shown himself to be a little high maintenance but he's nowhere near the pain in the ass Brown was to the Steelers. That said, I still don't think anyone is ponying up a first round pick for him, and as Janny noted it wouldn't make much financial sense for the Vikes to move him anyways.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
If he is unhappy, trade Diggs, and sign Dez Bryant for cheap.

Oof. Dez looked like he was done a couple years ago, and that was before he blew out his achilles tendon with the Saints. It's a fairly thin free agent crop this year but I have to think there would be better options there or via the draft. I'm thinking the draft class might be deep enough where you could get a pretty good one even as late as the third or fourth round.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
If he is unhappy, trade Diggs, and sign Dez Bryant for cheap.
Not a good idea for any number of reasons. I'll agree that Diggs is a diva. But you'd be replacing one diva with an older, slower one, who might even be more of a diva.

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
I don't think they're going to trade him. He would represent $9 million in dead money if they got rid of him and only free up $5 million in cap space. That wouldn't make a lot of sense.
Great point. For a 5th round pick he has really been a home run other than the crybaby crap last year. I couldn't believe they locked him into a long term deal for cheap.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...but-safety-isnt-most-important-position-on-d/

Zimmer doesn't sound too optimistic about bringing Anthony Harris back. What do you guys think? Harris led the league in INTs, but I don't think that's necessarily always the best way to evaluate a safety since a lot of that is just a matter of right place/right time. Big loss, or are you good with another team overpaying for him in FA?

somecyguy

Jun 19, 2006
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...but-safety-isnt-most-important-position-on-d/

Zimmer doesn't sound too optimistic about bringing Anthony Harris back. What do you guys think? Harris led the league in INTs, but I don't think that's necessarily always the best way to evaluate a safety since a lot of that is just a matter of right place/right time. Big loss, or are you good with another team overpaying for him in FA?

In most cases, I think it would be too costly to pay for both Harris and Smith, but given the DBs next season are going to be a complete crapshoot, and those remaining will likely be on their rookie contracts, it would seem to make sense to pay Harris.

capitalcityguy

Jun 14, 2007
Des Moines
I read/heard somewhere that there are a projected 40 or so WRs coming to the draft that maybe pro-ready. So given that large of a pool, it will be unlikely that many teams will burn a 1st round choice on WR this year. They can wait until later rounds.

Given the # of WR in the draft, that doesn't bode well for the Vikings being able to get a 1st Rd draft pick for Diggs IMO...especially if he is perceived to have attitude issues.

Help Support Us

Become a patron