Thad Matta - ISU Head Coach next year

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
Prohm is here for atleast another , probably 2 more years. Might as well hold off discussing specific coaches until about Feb of 2022.

I disagree with this. If he has another sub .500 season next year he will not be back. I personally don't think it's a guarantee he's back next year either.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
I disagree with this. If he has another sub .500 season next year he will not be back. I personally don't think it's a guarantee he's back next year either.

I hope you're right. I acutally hope that doesn't happen and we have a better year next season but if this happens, I hope he's gone, just not optimistic Pollard will pull the trigger. He doesn't have a great track record with this kind of stuff. He usually lets it hit rock bottom.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Pollard will give him another year, but no raise or extension. The only way he's gone next year is on his own accord.

I think that's about the only hope. He sees the writing on the wall and somehow falls into another job.

Reactions: Haverhill

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
I hope you're right. I acutally hope that doesn't happen and we have a better year next season but if this happens, I hope he's gone, just not optimistic Pollard will pull the trigger. He doesn't have a great track record with this kind of stuff. He usually lets it hit rock bottom.

You are sooo right on the money...Jamie Pollard will let Prohm hit "rock bottom", before pulling the trigger and getting rid of csp.....McDermott should never have been here for as long as he was, esp with the downward trajectory of MBB...Lack of fan interest and a plethora of empty seats inside Hilton Coliseum

Reactions: heitclone

woodm07

Apr 6, 2015
Blee, more info please.

I see as no way.
• Season isn't even over
• Pollard is never quick to pull the trigger
• Prohm has too much buyout
• Prohm also has enough win record to justify another year
• only way is for Prohm to make the leap to another program, which he wouldn't look at till this year is done
• any movement this early would only encourage a mass exodus

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Blee, more info please.

I see as no way.
• Season isn't even over
• Pollard is never quick to pull the trigger
• Prohm has too much buyout
• Prohm also has enough win record to justify another year
• only way is for Prohm to make the leap to another program, which he wouldn't look at till this year is done
any movement this early would only encourage a mass exodus

When is the ideal time to give a coach the axe?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron