Xavier foster vs norwalk.

blood94

May 10, 2010
Just watched the oskaloosa vs Norwalk game on mediacom. Question for people foster has a very good outside shot. Would he be a stretch 4 with young at the 5. He had 3 3pt in 1st qrt alone. Other kid i was impressed with was born. Kid can absolutely light it up

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
Just watched the oskaloosa vs Norwalk game on mediacom. Question for people foster has a very good outside shot. Would he be a stretch 4 with young at the 5. He had 3 3pt in 1st qrt alone. Other kid i was impressed with was born. Kid can absolutely light it up

Foster could definitely be a 4. Born is a stud. Can't wait to watch him and Green play together at UNI.

Pat

Oct 20, 2011
Honest question because I have no idea and haven’t seen enough to form an opinion: does he have the lateral quickness to defend the 4?

• Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan

NewClone09

Jan 7, 2009
Ames, IA
I haven't seen enough to tell you definitively but I would guess so. Going to need to add weight/strength for sure to compete inside.

KennyPratt42

The Legend
Jan 13, 2017
Those two togerher are going to be scary. Why did isu not try to recruit mike borns kid. He is quick and can absolutely shoot the rock
The same reason no high major teams offered, size. Will be fun to watch how his game translates to the Missouri Valley.

• Agree

blood94

May 10, 2010
I don’t know if you’re trolling or just clueless
Im not trolling and im not clueless. He is averaging 40 pts a game and i just watched him put 37 up in a half against oskaloosa from all over the court

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
Even if this was true, it makes more sense for a college coach to offer the slightly worse 7 footer than an undersized point guard.

Nothing wrong with one being a better high school player and the other being a better college prospect. Foster’s upside is off the charts, and Born is an undersized absolute stud right now in high school.

I think Born will be a perfect fit at UNI and will have a ton of success there.

cyups2323

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
The same reason no high major teams offered, size. Will be fun to watch how his game translates to the Missouri Valley.

Obviously foster is the much better college prospect and i am very glad he is a cyclone. I also understand that bowen born is undersized but after watching a bunch of 6'2 to 6'8 guys continuously miss wide open 3's like they were blindfolded all year, a 5'11 guy that can hit shots from everywhere sounds pretty gdamn good to me.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Those two togerher are going to be scary. Why did isu not try to recruit mike borns kid. He is quick and can absolutely shoot the rock
Because he's small and not a PG. He's going to have a challenge guarding at the next level let alone B12. He's a baller though.

Niang was a better college player than a TON of NBA guys that are better than he is at that level. Every jump in level has these cases. Born could certainly prove 100% of P6 coaches wrong.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
UNI is willing to run an offense that will allow a player like Born to run around screens to get his shot, while ISU does not seem willing to run such an offense. The ISU offense is more free flowing, and the thinking is that with a shorter player like Born, he would struggle getting open against the taller guards he would be playing in a power conference.

I tend to think this idea is a crock of crap, the kid can shoot, and we need shooters. I would be more than willing to have him get his shot blocked every now and then if you can open up the middle by bombing away from the outside.

• Agree