KU vs KSU Brawl

Jacktronic

MONDAYTUESDAYWEDNESDAYTHURSDAYFRIDAYSATURDAYSUNDAY
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 16, 2013
Kansas City, MO
This whole conversation is so Little Brother. Everyone expects the Kansas player to ignore the petulant behavior of the Little Brother and act like the only adult on the floor while no one has any problem with the absurd behavior of the Little Brother. It's comedic.

KSU does a bush league move and steals it to dunk under the guise of "playing to the buzzer"? "How dare the KU player respond by playing to the buzzer and blocking the shot. He should be above it all and laugh and walk away."

KU player does a bush league taunt? "Who cares that the response was to rush the court and assault him, what did he expect?"

"Who cares that three different KSU players assault the KU player by pushing him hard into the stands, the KU player should rise above it and just walk away."

You think you're unbiased but you just have a different bias than me. It's absurd what you're justifying while simultaneously chastising me for allegedly trying to justify things.

God I forgot how ******* obnoxious you are.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
1. De Sousa could have just let it be after the guy stole the ball.

2. De Sousa could have blocked the shot, which I have no problem with, and then turned around and walked away.

He was the direct cause of this melee. It's like claiming someone who kind of cuts you off in traffic is to blame when you freak out and chase after them and end up causing a 20 car pileup.
Eh, except in your brilliant analogy, DeSousa's standover was the harmless cut off that he could have chosen not to do and the Kansas State bench emptying onto the floor to attack DeSousa was the freak out and chase that caused the 20 car pileup.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Are the KU fans that are upset at the steal late in the game while dribbling out the clock (It was a bush league move, but not illegal by the game rules) the same ones that couldn't understand why Clones were upset a few years ago when we stopped guarding as time ran out and a player (Selden if I remember correctly) took it in for a slam?
Not me personally. Both were harmless bush league moves that all involved could have done without. The KSU doofus who did it isnt even the first doofus to do it in AFH this season. Some ding dong did it for Monmouth down by about 50.

The only thing that bothered me about the ISU fan response to the Elijah Johnson dunk was the few fans who chose to call him the N word and send him death threats. That was an over the top response just like the KSU player response to DeSousa's stepover woofing.

• Creative
Reactions: Macloney

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Are all of the players who came off the bench suspended for next game?

That happened a couple years ago to Alabama and they played a game 3 v 5, but maybe I'm not remembering correctly.
They were all ejected from the game, same as in the Bama game. There is no policy on an automatic suspension for the next game for leaving the bench. That is in the NBA.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
They were all ejected from the game, same as in the Bama game. There is no policy on an automatic suspension for the next game for leaving the bench. That is in the NBA.

the players that left the bench were ejected. At least that’s what your lord and savior bill self said.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
the players that left the bench were ejected. At least that’s what your lord and savior bill self said.
It's what they announced at the game. I watched it. All of the bench players for both teams were ejected. They had to play out the last 1 second and the only players left were the 10 on the floor minus DeSousa. So it was 4 on 5 for that silly 1 second.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
You keep ignoring the hard foul I see. Just want to talk about the block.
That's hilarious. I just rewatched it. Eliot (the KU player) literally ducks underneath the KSU player to avoid contact and then puts his hand up to contest the shot. He might not have even touched him let alone committed some "hard foul" by pulling him down.

You are flat out making up this "hard foul" just like everyone here made up this whole "McCormack stomped out a guy". It flat out did not happen.

CyberJJJ

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2006
Johnston, IA
Not me personally. Both were harmless bush league moves that all involved could have done without. The KSU doofus who did it isnt even the first doofus to do it in AFH this season. Some ding dong did it for Monmouth down by about 50.

The only thing that bothered me about the ISU fan response to the Elijah Johnson dunk was the few fans who chose to call him the N word and send him death threats. That was an over the top response just like the KSU player response to DeSousa's stepover woofing.

Yeah, now I remember I did have the wrong player. Apologies to Selden for wrongly impugning his character. The end of the game steal was an unsportsmanlike move (as was the end of the game dunk against no defense), but neither were technically illegal or against the rules. The hard foul on the block was against the rules (thus a foul), but not necessarily unexpected or even that unsportsmanlike. If he had walked away, no issue. He didn't but rather escalated the situation by standing over the guy trying to intimidate him. That was not only illegal by the rules, but also unsportsmanlike, and was the spark that ignited an already tense situation. That doesn't excuse the K-State benchclearing which was also illegal and unsportsmanlike. if there had been real time on the clock, there likely would have been more suspensions for K-State. I could have seen the bench player for K-state getting as much or more suspension (he came off the bench punching), but ultimately the bad decision to pick up the chair and move towards others aggressively is what landed Silvio the longer suspension. Picking it up was yet another escalation. Dropping it was a deescalation, but in the aftermath was probably too little too late.

• Winner
  • Agree
Reactions: randomfan44 and jsb

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
DeSousa sealed his fate when he touched that stool. It would have been maybe 5 games without that. I have zero problem with the suspension he received and wouldnt have a problem with KU extending it beyond the 12 games but I doubt that is necessary.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
DeSousa sealed his fate when he touched that stool. It would have been maybe 5 games without that. I have zero problem with the suspension he received and wouldnt have a problem with KU extending it beyond the 12 games but I doubt that is necessary.

But Marcus Smart only got 3 games for pushing a fan. You claimed this wasn't a big deal earlier today.

• Funny
Reactions: JP4CY

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
Just because McCormick missed while trying to stop on the Dude's balls is no excuse for a measly 2-gm suspension.
He can't help if his Ball-Stomping % is worse than his FT % :)

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
But Marcus Smart only got 3 games for pushing a fan. You claimed this wasn't a big deal earlier today.

Wielding a chair in the handicapped fan section is worse than what smart did. Tuck doesn’t want to admit that the KU fans were fighting in the stands, let alone where the fans struggle to move very quickly. KI players can’t use the we didn’t know that was a handicapped fan area since they were home. Tuco wants people to think KU is the victim when they instigate most of it.

• Winner
Reactions: riceville98

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Rewatched and it was DeSousa throwing the first punch. Surprised that they had Dotson in there at the end. Had to be playing (with a towel none the less) because he beat the Kstate bench to the mess. The more I watch, the more I see KU as being more and more of the instigator in every step.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Halftime of the Memphis game and ESPN guys talking about the suspensions. Everyone in agreement McCormack should have been suspended more than 2 games. He left the bench and was one of the worst instigators in the mess, should have gotten at least 5 games they thought.

I still think they should have gone further, for a benches clearing brawl anyone from either team that left the bench gets 1 game. The NBA has that rule and they enforce it with no exceptions. And for the KU fans saying we have little brother syndrome, if any of our players had engaged in behavior like that I'd be embarrassed and ashamed of it and support whatever suspensions resulted. There is no joy in a win if your team did not represent your school in a positive manner. Maybe KU fans will tolerate that kind of crap for the sake of winning another Big 12 title but most schools would not be happy if their players behaved like that.

• Winner
Reactions: CyBobby

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron