KU vs KSU Brawl

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Nice. He didn't do s*** last year, so he must be balling now. I need to get back into it.

He is. The jumper is beautiful, but he also looks really instinctive around the bucket. He misses rotations that are pretty brutal, but he'll figure it out. 6'10" without shoes and a jumper...avatar worthy :)

Reactions: mynameisjonas

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I just watched the clip of self on ESPN.com. He ain’t exactly taking responsibility. He says he’s sure he’ll have some punishment for his players. I hope the league doesn’t let him decide.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
I just watched the clip of self on ESPN.com. He ain’t exactly taking responsibility. He says he’s sure he’ll have some punishment for his players. I hope the league doesn’t let him decide.
Then you haven't seen his full quotes on the situation. That's why they are called "clips".

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Then you haven't seen his full quotes on the situation. That's why they are called "clips".

yes, I said clips. And I was clear about that.

I’ll try to find his entire comments. What I heard wasn’t good.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Fans can ***** all they want, how did the players on the court react?

KU stopped the guy from scoring, why go beyond that. Just go back towards center court and flex or something.

The problem started with the taunt over the guy..
Which is a technical and a free throw. No problem.

Which means the problem actually started when the Kansas State team.emptied their bench and charged onto the court to initiate contact with players who were playing the game.

You can take a "I hate KU, they deserve it" approach all you want but that was when the incident went from "fouls committed on the floor by players playing in the game" to "a problem".

• Funny
Reactions: flycy

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
I don’t think anyone said it was no big deal. Can’t speak for everyone but I believe assault and brandishing a chair as a weapon in a brawl is a big deal. By the way, what’s a blown spleen look like? And what did ISU fans do that was worse? I hope nobody was hurt or maimed.
I'll leave it to your fellow ISU fans to explain to you the poor decisions made by some ISU fans after that dunk by Johnson.

UnCytely

SuperFanatic
Sep 24, 2017
Council Bluffs, Iowa
New mural already painted at KU in tribute to the martyr De Sousa.

EO2lMPZWkAAQLMw

Did you do that, or get it from somewhere? Takes definite Photoshop skills to come up with that so quickly.

• Agree
Reactions: Peter

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
The common theme seems to be that Kansas always finds a way to get in the middle of something.
Everyone gets keyed up when playing Kansas. Fans, players, coaches. Fans want to say they were there when their team beat Kansas. Players know that a win over Kansas is one of the best resume builders they can have to make the ncaa tourney. And coaches get big $$$ bonuses for beating Kansas and lose jobs for not beating Kansas.

It's good to be the king but it comes with a lot more stress and pressure and stuff like this.

fcclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 15, 2009
I'll leave it to your fellow ISU fans to explain to you the poor decisions made by some ISU fans after that dunk by Johnson.
I have asked numerous Cyclone fans and they don’t recall a single incident where a Cyclone fan brandished a weapon at an opponent or fan. I’m afraid you are going to have to enlighten me. Please share what happened to poor Johnson and is he okay? Or is it possible that maybe you were exaggerating when you said ‘worse’ behavior.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Everyone gets keyed up when playing Kansas. Fans, players, coaches. Fans want to say they were there when their team beat Kansas. Players know that a win over Kansas is one of the best resume builders they can have to make the ncaa tourney. And coaches get big $$$ bonuses for beating Kansas and lose jobs for not beating Kansas.

It's good to be the king but it comes with a lot more stress and pressure and stuff like this.

It's the fault of mortal peasant programs for not bolting down all chairs.

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
Which is a technical and a free throw. No problem.

Which means the problem actually started when the Kansas State team.emptied their bench and charged onto the court to initiate contact with players who were playing the game.

You can take a "I hate KU, they deserve it" approach all you want but that was when the incident went from "fouls committed on the floor by players playing in the game" to "a problem".
One of the worst things you do in sports is stand over someone and taunt.

If you sack a QB on the football field and stand over them doing a sack dance you are going to get drilled. Now if you go celebrate away from the QB nothing happens. Right?

If you admire a home run too long more or less taunting the pitcher you are going to get beaned next time around.
You run the bases and do all kinds of celebration after crossing home nothing will happen.

See the pattern here.

Why did he stand over him and taunt?

Just accept the fact that KU player chose to elevate the situation, thus soliciting a reaction from KSU.

In the end DeSousa will pay the biggest price for starting this. Other guys on both sides will pay for contributing to it.

Last edited:

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
I lost some respect for Bruce tonight. He didn't handled the press conference very well. He had a player not in uniform who was right in the middle of it all. That guy should be done for the year also. Bill handled it well. He said the right things and yelled at is team about it after the game. Bruce didn't even talk to his players about it.

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
I lost some respect for Bruce tonight. He didn't handled the press conference very well. He had a player not in uniform who was right in the middle of it all. That guy should be done for the year also. Bill handled it well. He said the right things and yelled at is team about it after the game. Bruce didn't even talk to his players about it.

Well he should be pissed about the fact KU is a final 4 favorite in a year where there are just a lot of average basketball teams. And now they could lose a couple of key players for a long time.

I think Bill would have been better served if DeSousa never stepped foot on campus.
He is screwing with Kansas on multiple fronts.

Bruce has nothing to play for, but should have said he is going to review things with the conference and go from there.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron