• ISU +10.5

Votes: 30 26.3%
  • Baylor -10.5

Votes: 84 73.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cyowa

Apr 18, 2006
Does Baylor play their bench the entire game?
I have an appointment with an oral surgeon Thursday morning to extract a tooth. I think I will begin the pain early by watching ISU-Baylor.
If the Cyclones only get beat by 10 or 12 points, as the line indicates; I would consider that to be a moral victory, if you believe in that kind of thing.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
I have no doubt at all Baylor covers this spread easily. Seems like easy money. Also I was on record saying we would beat OU.

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
Dropped two points since opened. And that’s not “public money” moving that number. Sharps are on Iowa State as this is a terrible spot for Baylor off one of their biggest wins in school history and now facing a 8-7 squad. It wouldn’t surprise me a bit if ISU covers this.

GT25Ump

Oct 24, 2009
Sioux City, Iowa
You shoulda done a poll for the KU game with ISU at +5. I can't get myself to bet against my school, but when I saw that number, I immediately contacted a buddy and told him to trust my judgment and he made $50 off that sad but obvious result, sigh.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
It's interesting that as much as we've struggled in Waco or against Drew in general, it's almost always close, especially when we lose.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I'm not touching this one. I was smart betting against us last week vs KU, thought I'd double down and get rewarded for being smart again when I saw we were favored vs OU. Turned out Vegas is still smarter than me. Go Cyclones, I will not let this game sabotage my fandom

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
I just think there’s a very huge gap this year from the top 3 teams in the Big 12 to the rest of the league. I’m expecting Baylor to win by 20+

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Great opportunity to show that ISU doesn't completely suck. Hoping for the best, but don't see this being less than a 18 point loss. ISU would have to shoot and defend better than they did against OU to be within range at the end of this game. Don't see that happening.

Cyclone44

Apr 11, 2006
Well, not sure how this game is going to turn out. I looked for the game on TV and found it is only on that damn ESPN+. Yes, it is good to have another way to watch a game but when it is at the expense of normal TV then I'm against it. Say half or all of the games will finally be on ESPN+. People all across the nation will not see us play. More important none of the potential recruits will watch ISU. They will be watching everybody but the B12. The way it is now or previous years young kids could see us play on TV once in awhile. Look at the crowds in Hilton and hear the sound. But, now they won't. They would have to spend $5 a month to see us. Not a good way to have kids get introduced to ISU sports. Many young kids from the intercity can afford another $5 a month.......

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
For me, it's all about the game(s). I could not care less about gambling, point spreads, etc. And I understand that for gamblers, it's just the opposite.

But the thing that makes me chuckle is when my pals who love to gamble insist that all sports are rigged. Oh, I'm not naive enough to think there might be some shenanigans going on here and there from time to time, but with the amount of money involved nowadays, it just doesn't pencil out.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Well, not sure how this game is going to turn out. I looked for the game on TV and found it is only on that damn ESPN+. Yes, it is good to have another way to watch a game but when it is at the expense of normal TV then I'm against it. Say half or all of the games will finally be on ESPN+. People all across the nation will not see us play. More important none of the potential recruits will watch ISU. They will be watching everybody but the B12. The way it is now or previous years young kids could see us play on TV once in awhile. Look at the crowds in Hilton and hear the sound. But, now they won't. They would have to spend $5 a month to see us. Not a good way to have kids get introduced to ISU sports. Many young kids from the intercity can afford another $5 a month.......
Better than the days we were always on WOI and the people even in eastern Iowa had no way of watching the Cyclones. I think we were on ESPN a total of 2 times during Wayne Morgan’s 3 years. I was fortunate enough to grow up in central Iowa.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
Baylor is really, really good this year. This game won't be close because they're better at literally everything.

Help Support Us

Become a patron